Bayshore Health Care Center is one of only two available nursing homes in Holmdel, New Jersey. This facility appears to be ranked among the more impressive facilities we looked at. A score of this caliber requires very strong marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 25 percent of all facilities in the nation. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section
Bayshore Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Holmdel, New Jersey Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall rating, this nursing home also earned an A+ inspection score. This is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can offer a nursing home. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a very strong short-term care score. In fact, this is this facility's second strongest category score. In that category, we gave this facility a score of A. In computing our short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This grade is often a reliable assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bayshore Health Care Center?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. When calculating a facility's nursing grade, we consider the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this nursing home was awarded a decent long-term care rating. Even though this isn't as elite as a few of its other grades, this is really not a terrible score. For patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 96.77419 percent of its residents. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bayshore Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bayshore Health Care Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bayshore Health Care Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients that sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bayshore Health Care Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bayshore Health Care Center, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bayshore Health Care Center, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bayshore Health Care Center, 5.95% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bayshore Health Care Center, 91.97% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bayshore Health Care Center, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bayshore Health Care Center, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Bayshore Health Care Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bayshore Health Care Center, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bayshore Health Care Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bayshore Health Care Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.2 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 13.14 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.34 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.55 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Staten Island University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.67 miles away475 Seaview Avenue Staten Island New York 10305Voluntary non-profit - Private(418) 226-9761
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 15.1 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.17 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Davita Holmdel Dialysis0.22 miles away668 North Beers Street Holmdel New Jersey 07733CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 302-0321
- Fmc Madison Dialysis at Matawan2.25 miles away625 Highway 34 Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 9 (732) 566-0471
- Matawan Dialysis2.76 miles away764 Highway 34 Suite A Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 583-1085
- Dva Old Bridge Dialysis Ctr6.21 miles awayDavita Kidney Care 262 Texas Rd Old Bridge New Jersey 08857CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 591-4931
- Meridian Fresenius Dialysis Red Bank7.75 miles away48 East Front Street Red Bank New Jersey 07701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 530-2239
- Shining Star Davita Middletown Dc7.89 miles awayUnion Square Plaza 500 Route 35 South Red Bank New Jersey 07701Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 576-9900
- Dva Perth Amboy Dialysis Ctr7.9 miles away271 King Street Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 442-3836
- Knickerbocker Dialysis Inc.9.38 miles away30 Sneden Ave Staten Island New York 10312Dialysis Stations: 16 (718) 356-2678