Bayou Manor is located in the large metropolitan area of Houston, Texas. We gave this facility an overall rating of A. With a grade of this caliber, this facility wound up being a step up on the average nursing home in Houston. Houston offers many other nursing homes, but we doubt you will need to check out too many others. This one looks like a first class option. As you can find below, this nursing home performed just as well in our category scores. We give this place two thumbs up!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Houston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A+. Very few facilities fared as well in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its top-shelf accomplishments in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care rating. Our short-term care grades are vital for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing. This means a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bayou Manor?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. We scrutinized the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the number of hours the nurses worked with patients, in calculating our score in this category. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this nursing home was awarded an extremely favorable long-term care score. We gave it an A- in this category, giving this facility straight A's. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 90.909096 percent of its patients. This is slightly below what we were hoping for but still a decent percentage. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bayou Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bayou Manor, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bayou Manor, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bayou Manor, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bayou Manor, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bayou Manor, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bayou Manor, 4.84% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bayou Manor, 93.69% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bayou Manor, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bayou Manor, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Bayou Manor, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bayou Manor, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bayou Manor, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bayou Manor, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 24 other nursing homes
- Texas Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away7401 South Main Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Other(713) 799-8600
- Sun Behavioral HoustonPsychiatric 2.64 miles away7601 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 795-5025
- Womans Hospital of Texas,TheAcute Care Hospitals 2.69 miles away7600 Fannin Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 790-1234
- Texas Childrens HospChildrens 3.02 miles away6621 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 824-1000
- Houston Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away6565 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 790-2221
- Chi St Luke's Health Baylor College of Medicine MeAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away7200 Cambridge, 11th Floor Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Church(832) 355-1000
- Memorial Hermann Texas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.4 miles away6411 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 704-3700
- Harris Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away2525 Holly Hall Houston Texas 77054Government - Hospital District or Authority(713) 566-6417
- Usrc West University, LLC0.51 miles away9219 Stella Link Houston Texas 77025Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 349-0724
- Dialyspa Vi, LLC1.52 miles away6800 W Loop South Suite 190 Bellaire Texas 77401Dialysis Stations: 1 (281) 501-9081
- Fmc Meyerland1.55 miles away10311 South Post Oak Houston Texas 77035Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 283-9488
- Kidney Care Center of Houston1.86 miles away4803 Bissonnet Street Bellaire Texas 77401Dialysis Stations: 3 (832) 834-4080
- Dialyspa Medical Center, LLC.1.88 miles away2453 South Braeswood Blvd Suite 100 Houston Texas 77030Dialysis Stations: 18 (713) 364-1800
- Fresenius Medical Care Texas Medical Center Home2.06 miles away1333 Old Spanish Trail Suite J Houston Texas 77054Dialysis Stations: 6 (713) 791-9690
- Reliant Dialysis2.15 miles away1335 La Concha Houston Texas 77054Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 794-0600
- Omni Dialysis Center2.28 miles away9350 Kirby Drive #110 Houston Texas 77054CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (713) 665-4747