Bayou Manor is a nursing home in Houston, Texas which has a population of 2,906,700 people. This is an A rated facility. This facility received one of the top scores we offer. A score of this caliber requires first-rate scores across the board. In fact, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the 25 best nursing homes in Texas. Keep reading to find this facility's category ratings, which are equally impressive. You just can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
4141 S Braeswood Blvd,
Houston TX 77025
63.51% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. This facility excelled at the highest level in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered about 50% more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the average nursing home. This is an excellent sign. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. In addition to excelling in the area of physical therapy staffing, we found that it performed as well as just about any nursing home in the country in this area with 74.1 percent of its residents returning home. Most nursing homes are below 50 percent in this statistic.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility received elite marks in the area of long-term care. Consequently, it received one of our most impressive scores in that category with a grade of A+. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are well cared for. On top of elite nursing hour statistics, this facility's vaccination record was first-rate as well. In fact, this nursing home vaccinated 98.630135 percent of its patients against pneumonia. The last statistic we looked at is its hospitalization rate. We found that this place had 3.07 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Although this wasn't as favorable as some of its other scores in this category, this statistic may be skewed for some nursing homes based on some of the preexisting medical conditions of residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Bayou Manor?
We gave this facility a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In the last category, this nursing home also was given a very strong nursing rating, with a grade of A-. This rounded out a very favorable report card. Our nursing grade is based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home boasts a really impressive 6.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day, of which a significant portion of those hours were provided by registered nurses. This is one of the most highly trained levels of nurses. On top of looking at levels of nursing care, we also looked at a few quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these statistics as reliable measures of the quality of nursing care provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bayou Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bayou Manor, 7.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bayou Manor, 3.3% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bayou Manor, 1.63% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who have suffered from a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bayou Manor, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bayou Manor, 22.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bayou Manor, 4.7% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bayou Manor, 95.06% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bayou Manor, 17.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bayou Manor, 17.98% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Bayou Manor, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bayou Manor, 17.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bayou Manor, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bayou Manor, 66.67% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 55 other nursing homes
- Texas Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away7401 South Main Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Other(713) 799-8600
- Sun Behavioral HoustonPsychiatric 2.64 miles away7601 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 795-5025
- Womans Hospital of Texas,TheAcute Care Hospitals 2.69 miles away7600 Fannin Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 790-1234
- Texas Childrens HospChildrens 3.02 miles away6621 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 824-1000
- Houston Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away6565 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 790-2221
- Chi St Luke's Health Baylor College of Medicine MeAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away7200 Cambridge, 11th Floor Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Church(832) 355-1000
- Memorial Hermann Texas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.4 miles away6411 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 704-3700
- Harris Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away2525 Holly Hall Houston Texas 77054Government - Hospital District or Authority(713) 566-6417
- Usrc West University, LLC0.51 miles away9219 Stella Link Houston Texas 77025Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 349-0724
- Dialyspa Vi, LLC1.52 miles away6800 W Loop South Suite 190 Bellaire Texas 77401Dialysis Stations: 1 (281) 501-9081
- Fmc Meyerland1.55 miles away10311 South Post Oak Houston Texas 77035Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 283-9488
- Kidney Care Center of Houston1.86 miles away4803 Bissonnet Street Bellaire Texas 77401Dialysis Stations: 3 (832) 834-4080
- Dialyspa Medical Center, LLC.1.88 miles away2453 South Braeswood Blvd Suite 100 Houston Texas 77030Dialysis Stations: 18 (713) 364-1800
- Fresenius Medical Care Texas Medical Center Home2.06 miles away1333 Old Spanish Trail Suite J Houston Texas 77054Dialysis Stations: 6 (713) 791-9690
- Reliant Dialysis2.15 miles away1335 La Concha Houston Texas 77054Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 794-0600
- Omni Dialysis Center2.28 miles away9350 Kirby Drive #110 Houston Texas 77054CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (713) 665-4747