Bayberry Skilled Nursing & Healthcare Center is an average-sized nursing home in Concord, California. This nursing home is a highly rated facility, with an overall grade of B+. We were pleased to learn that this was in line with the other nursing homes in Concord, which is one of the better cities in California to find a nursing home. This place was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Bayberry Skilled Nursing & Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Bayberry Skilled Nursing & Healthcare Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
One of the reasons this place is a quality facility is that it earned a very impressive inspection grade. In fact, inspections is its best category grade. In this category, we gave this facility an A. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Nursing ratings are primarily tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Bayberry Skilled Nursing & Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an impressive short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this area. Our short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was this facility's worst category. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still awarded it a decent grade of C in long-term care. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate this place's vaccination data. Lastly, this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Concord, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Concord, California has 4 other nursing homes
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.49 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 0.58 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.36 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.42 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Walnut CreekAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away1425 S Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 295-4000
- Sutter Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away3901 Lone Tree Way Antioch California 94509Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 779-7200
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 14.35 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - AntiochAcute Care Hospitals 14.48 miles away4501 Sand Creek Road Antioch California 94531Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 813-6500
- Fkc San Miguel1.01 miles away2731 Systron Drive Suite 100 Concord California 94518Dialysis Stations: 25 (925) 676-6401
- Fmc Diablo Concord1.39 miles away508 Contra Costa Blvd #D Pleasant Hill California 94523CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (925) 798-8844
- Walnut Creek at Home3.46 miles away400 N Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 3 (925) 979-9732
- Walnut Creek Dialysis3.46 miles away404 North Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 937-0203
- Concord Dialysis Center4.07 miles away2300 Stanwell Drive Suite C Concord California 94520CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 677-7492
- Fmc Diablo Walnut Creek4.83 miles away365 Lennon Lane #160 Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 947-4545
- Walnut Creek West Dialysis Center7.02 miles away1221 Rossmoor Pkwy Walnut Creek California 94595Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 295-9830
- Benicia Dialysis Center8.23 miles away560 First Street Bldg d103 Benicia California 94510CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (707) 745-1488