Bayberry Commons is one of only three available facilities located in Pascoag, Rhode Island. This proved to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B+. With no A rated nursing homes in the city, this is actually the number one rated facility in Pascoag. Fortunately, this nursing home did not have any weak links in any of the four major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
181 Davis Drive,
Pascoag RI 02859
69.27% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong facility overall, this nursing home really excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Not many facilities fared better in that category. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area typically have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Adding to its impressive profile, this facility also excelled in the category of nursing. In fact, we gave it an B+ for that category. When determining a nursing home's nursing score, we consider the amount of time nurses are with patients and the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Bayberry Commons?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this nursing home, we gave them one of our higher scores in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B+. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is long-term care. This nursing home was awarded an impressive long-term care score this year, with a grade of B-. Although this isn't as dominant as several of its other category grades, this is nevertheless an acceptable grade in this area. Our long-term care grades are crucial for patients requiring non-healthcare services such as personal care. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 92.631584 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be a bit lower than we were hoping for but still a respectable percentage. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bayberry Commons Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bayberry Commons, 7.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bayberry Commons, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which have sustained falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bayberry Commons, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bayberry Commons, 17.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bayberry Commons, 15.01% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bayberry Commons, 2.58% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bayberry Commons, 94.38% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bayberry Commons, 16.46% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bayberry Commons, 20.63% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is critical to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Bayberry Commons, 1.22 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bayberry Commons, 20.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bayberry Commons, 12.45 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bayberry Commons, 77.52% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.74 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Day Kimball HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.93 miles away320 Pomfret Street Putnam Connecticut 06260Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 928-6541
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.65 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.42 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.58 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 16.26 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.39 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- South County Dialysis Center10.52 miles away336 Thompson Road Suite 1 Webster Massachusetts 01570CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 943-3998
- Bio-Medical Applications of Rhode Island10.52 miles away622 George Washington Highway Lincoln Rhode Island 02865Dialysis Stations: 17 (401) 333-4727
- Dialysis Center of Johnston11.82 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket12.36 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995
- Davita North Providence Renal Center12.75 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Nna of Providence15.14 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Blackstone Valley15.87 miles away42 Cape Road Milford Massachusetts 01757CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 634-4331
- Nna - Pawtucket15.9 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995