Located in Saint Petersburg, Florida, Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion is one of 27 nursing homes in the area. Featuring an overall rating of B-, this is a solid facility. Based on our assessment, this facility ought to meet the needs of many people. The best part of this nursing home's profile was its exemplary inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
4201 31st St S,
Saint Petersburg FL 33712
85.83% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our best scores. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received positive long-term care marks in this assessment. We gave them one of our higher grades in this area, with a B. This proved to be the nursing home's second highest grade. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed was short-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a decent grade of B-. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The last area we assessed is nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in this area. This is a perfectly acceptable grade in this area. Our nursing score assesses many subcategories, but the main one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which have sustained UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion, 2.33% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion, 94.94% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' physical and mental health.
In Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 3.15 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 3.23 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.77 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.16 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.74 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.71 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.95 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South0.27 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg2.36 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg South Dialysis2.71 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg3.14 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis3.19 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- St Petersburg Kidney Care3.32 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- St Petersburg Dialysis3.37 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- H Street North - St Petersburg4.16 miles away635 4th St No Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (727) 821-4654