Batavia Rehabilitation & Health Care Center is a nursing home located in Batavia, Illinois, which has a population of 28,897 people. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is a high-end rating. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also quite good. It would be hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Batavia Rehabilitation & Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Meal Delivery
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home excelled in our nursing grade. We gave them an A+ in this category. In calculating our nursing scores, we look at both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving residents more often.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this nursing home also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. Inspection ratings are based on many items located in the a nursing home's recent government inspections. Nursing homes that score well in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Batavia Rehabilitation & Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also was given favorable short-term care grades in our assessment. Indeed, we gave it one of our more favorable scores in that category, with a grade of B+. In our short-term care assessment, we seek to craft a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a B. Believe it or not, this was this nursing home's weakest category. A nursing home is doing something right when it's worst score still is superior to most other nursing homes. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 80.180176 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is a bit lower than we were hoping for but still a respectable percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Batavia Rehabilitation & Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Batavia Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Batavia Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Batavia Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Batavia Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Batavia Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Batavia Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 29.8% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Batavia Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 87.49% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Batavia Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Batavia Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Batavia Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.46 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.83 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.65 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ElginAcute Care Hospitals 11.74 miles away77 N Airlite Street Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 695-3200
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 12.29 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Sherman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.09 miles away1425 North Randall Road Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 742-9800
- Tri Cities Dialysis LLC2.54 miles away306 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 262-1306
- Fmc - West Batavia2.71 miles away2580 West Fabyan Parkway Batavia Illinois 60510Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 406-1690
- Fmc - Dupage West5.16 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Fmc - West Chicago Dialysis Center5.6 miles away1859 Neltnor Blvd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 293-5952
- Fmc - Aurora Dialysis Center5.95 miles away455 Mercy Lane Aurora Illinois 60506CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 892-7445
- Fkc - East Aurora6.48 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fkc - Elgin8.94 miles away770 N Mclean Boulevard South Elgin Illinois 60177Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 695-5345
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center9.56 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295