Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach is one of five nursing homes located in Boynton Beach, Florida. We awarded this facility a very impressive overall grade of A+. Consequently, it graded out better than most of the nursing homes in Boynton Beach by a wide margin. We simply can not say enough great things about this facility. Keep reading to see this facility's category ratings, which are equally impressive. You really can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Best Nursing Home in Boynton Beach, Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Boynton Beach, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This first-rate facility also performed well in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A+. Only a small group of facilities fared better in this category. Our short-term care grades are vital for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. In calculating our nursing ratings, we factor in both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this facility also performed admirably in the long-term care category. In fact, we gave it an A in that area. This wrapped up truly elite profile. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients which experienced falls which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 2.33% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Boynton Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Boynton Beach, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 1.51 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.3 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.77 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.92 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Davita Bethesda Dialysis0.98 miles away332 N Congress Ave Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 364-8181
- Bma - Boynton Beach1.71 miles away3451 W. Woolbright Rd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 737-8970
- Usrc Boynton Beach, LLC1.76 miles away1500 W Gateway Blvd Suite 190 Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 733-4631
- Fmc - Boynton Beach Gulf Stream2.9 miles away3925 W Boynton Beach Blvd #110 Boynton Beach Florida 33436CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-4025
- Universal Kidney Center of Boynton Beach2.96 miles away4895 Windward Passage Dr Ste 5 Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-1981
- Fmc Dialysis Services - North Boynton Beach3.25 miles away4965 Lechalet Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 734-5585
- Sands Dialysis LLC4.42 miles away2655 W Atlantic Ave Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 22 (561) 279-2626
- Vip Kidney Health, LLC4.42 miles away2605 W Atlantic Ave C-101 Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 3 (561) 403-5201