Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach is one of just two available facilities located in Boynton Beach, Florida. After receiving an A+ overall grade, this facility has the distinction of being one of the top 25 facilities in Florida. We really can't say enough good things about this facility. Scroll down to find this facility's category grades, which are equally impressive. You just can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Boynton Beach senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Boynton Beach, Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Boynton Beach, Florida Awards 2021
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home also excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. Our inspection grades are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received an A+ short-term care grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to be awarded several A+ category scores. Our short-term care grade is generally used to assess a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to offer good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach?
This nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last category, this facility also was given an impressive long-term care grade, with a grade of A. This completed a very impressive profile. When facilities receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. After we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a deadly illness for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't take any chances. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who suffered a fall which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 2.53% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 95.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Barrington Terrace of Boynton Beach, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 1.51 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.3 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.77 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.92 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Davita Bethesda Dialysis0.98 miles away332 N Congress Ave Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 364-8181
- Bma - Boynton Beach1.71 miles away3451 W. Woolbright Rd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 737-8970
- Usrc Boynton Beach, LLC1.76 miles away1500 W Gateway Blvd Suite 190 Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 733-4631
- Fmc - Boynton Beach Gulf Stream2.9 miles away3925 W Boynton Beach Blvd #110 Boynton Beach Florida 33436CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-4025
- Universal Kidney Center of Boynton Beach2.96 miles away4895 Windward Passage Dr Ste 5 Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-1981
- Fmc Dialysis Services - North Boynton Beach3.25 miles away4965 Lechalet Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 734-5585
- Sands Dialysis LLC4.42 miles away2655 W Atlantic Ave Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 22 (561) 279-2626
- Vip Kidney Health, LLC4.42 miles away2605 W Atlantic Ave C-101 Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 3 (561) 403-5201