Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is an average-sized nursing home in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Featuring an overall rating of C, this is a middle of the pack facility. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Cherry Hill, which is admittedly a bit below average nationally. The best part of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we had a generally positive view of this facility's recent inspections.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received its next best category score in the area of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of B- in this category, which is a reasonably acceptable grade. In computing our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is typically a solid measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a respectable grade in the area of long-term care, where it received a B-. In our long-term care category, we analyze the quantity of services offered by a facility, as well as some qualitative datapoints. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility administered the vaccine to 99.35275 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable statistic. This nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final area we assessed is nursing, which is this facility's worst category. We gave it a lowly F for this category, which is obviously a major concern. Our nursing rating is primarily tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. With only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily, this place's nurse staffing levels were significantly below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that had falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 5.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 92% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that retained mobility levels.
In Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Barclays Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Cherry Hill, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cherry Hill, New Jersey has 5 other nursing homes
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 4.35 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.51 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.08 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Hahnemann University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away230 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Proprietary(215) 762-7000
- Fmc Silver Dialysis0.64 miles awayDialysis Unit 1417 Brace Rd Suite B Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034Dialysis Stations: 35 (856) 216-8463
- Davita Cherry Hill Dialysis1 miles away1030 N Kings Hwy Suite 100 Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 321-0111
- Davita Lourdes Dialysis at Innova Inc1.62 miles away3716 Church Road Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 222-0386
- Davita Lourdes Mt Laurel Dialysis2.87 miles away130 Gaither Drive Ste. 172 Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 20 (856) 222-4195
- Usrc Marlton3.93 miles away9 Eves Drive Suite 170 Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 355-8996
- Fkc Marlton4.34 miles away957 Route 73 South Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 988-1060
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Voorhees4.45 miles away201 Laurel Oak Road Suite A Voorhees New Jersey 08043CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 566-5460
- Usrc Voorhees LLC4.5 miles away1000 Haddonfield Berlin Road Suite 100 Voorhees New Jersey 08043Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 545-9010