Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center is a senior living facility located in Sun City, Arizona. This city has 45,145 people. We awarded this facility an A overall grade, ranking it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the United States. We can't find many bad things to say about this nursing home. Its scores are just impeccable. Lastly, this nursing home's ownership changed in the last year, so we will need to monitor it to confirm it maintains its high level of care.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Sun City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Sun City, Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Sun City, Arizona Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Sun City, Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled at short-term care. We gave them an A+ in this category. In our short-term care grade, we attempt to create a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we gave this nursing home an A. Our nursing score is primarily associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center?
In addition, this nursing home also earned excellent inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our best scores in that category, with an A-. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few relatively minor dings aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is long-term care. This facility received an impressive nursing rating in our assessment, with a B. Even though this isn't quite as impressive as a few of its other scores, this remains one of our more favorable grades in this area. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were not able to track down this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center, 7.15% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center, 71.74% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Banner Boswell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.32 miles away10401 West Thunderbird Boulevard Sun City Arizona 85351Voluntary non-profit - Other(623) 832-4000
- Abrazo Arrowhead CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away18701 North 67th Avenue Glendale Arizona 85308Proprietary(623) 561-1000
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away14502 West Meeker Boulevard Sun City West Arizona 85375Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 524-4000
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Banner Estrella Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away9201 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85037Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 327-4000
- Copper Springs Hospital, LLCPsychiatric 9.51 miles away10550 West Mcdowell Road Avondale Arizona 85392Proprietary(480) 565-3035
- Abrazo West CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.22 miles away13677 West Mcdowell Road Goodyear Arizona 85395Proprietary(623) 882-1970
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Desert Dialysis Srvs Inc-Sun City (Dva)0.51 miles away13000 N 103rd Ave Ste 66 Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-3131
- Sun City Dialysis (Fmc)0.81 miles away10050 W Bell Rd Ste 29-31 Sun City Arizona 85351Dialysis Stations: 12 (623) 815-1770
- Palm Brook Dialysis Center (Dva)1.09 miles away14664 N Del Webb Blvd Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-6550
- Phoenix Artificial Kidney Center (Fmc)1.41 miles away13090 N 94th Dr Ste 100 Peoria Arizona 85381CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (623) 974-5851
- Sweetwater Ridge Dialysis (Dva)2.17 miles away7362 W Thunderbird Rd Suite 104 Peoria Arizona 85381Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 486-0327
- Sun City West Dialysis (Fmc)3.28 miles away12213 W Bell Road Ste 110 Surprise Arizona 85374Dialysis Stations: 18 (623) 583-8865
- Granite Valley Dialysis (Fmc)5.18 miles away14510 W Shumway Dr Ste 100 Sun City West Arizona 85375Dialysis Stations: 18 (623) 546-2718
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate Home5.19 miles away6622 N 91st Avenue Ste 210 Glendale Arizona 85305Dialysis Stations: 1 (623) 877-0209