Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center is a senior living facility located in Sun City, Arizona. This city has 45,145 people. We awarded this facility an A overall grade, ranking it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the United States. We can't find many bad things to say about this nursing home. Its scores are just impeccable. Headlining this nursing home's exemplary report card is its short-term care grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
10601 West Santa Fe Drive,
Sun City AZ 85351
48.35% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Catheter Care
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Sun City, Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Sun City, Arizona Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Sun City, Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ short-term care grade. In computing our short-term care scores, we assess a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This grade is often a useful measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Nursing scores are largely associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center?
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was long-term care. This nursing home received a strong nursing score in our assessment, with a B. While this isn't as impressive as many of its other grades, this remains one of the stronger scores in this area. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We weren't able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Banner Boswell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.32 miles away10401 West Thunderbird Boulevard Sun City Arizona 85351Voluntary non-profit - Other(623) 832-4000
- Abrazo Arrowhead CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away18701 North 67th Avenue Glendale Arizona 85308Proprietary(623) 561-1000
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away14502 West Meeker Boulevard Sun City West Arizona 85375Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 524-4000
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Banner Estrella Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away9201 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85037Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 327-4000
- Copper Springs Hospital, LLCPsychiatric 9.51 miles away10550 West Mcdowell Road Avondale Arizona 85392Proprietary(480) 565-3035
- Abrazo West CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.22 miles away13677 West Mcdowell Road Goodyear Arizona 85395Proprietary(623) 882-1970
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Desert Dialysis Srvs Inc-Sun City (Dva)0.51 miles away13000 N 103rd Ave Ste 66 Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-3131
- Sun City Dialysis (Fmc)0.81 miles away10050 W Bell Rd Ste 29-31 Sun City Arizona 85351Dialysis Stations: 12 (623) 815-1770
- Palm Brook Dialysis Center (Dva)1.09 miles away14664 N Del Webb Blvd Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-6550
- Phoenix Artificial Kidney Center (Fmc)1.41 miles away13090 N 94th Dr Ste 100 Peoria Arizona 85381CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (623) 974-5851
- Sweetwater Ridge Dialysis (Dva)2.17 miles away7362 W Thunderbird Rd Suite 104 Peoria Arizona 85381Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 486-0327
- Sun City West Dialysis (Fmc)3.28 miles away12213 W Bell Road Ste 110 Surprise Arizona 85374Dialysis Stations: 18 (623) 583-8865
- Granite Valley Dialysis (Fmc)5.18 miles away14510 W Shumway Dr Ste 100 Sun City West Arizona 85375Dialysis Stations: 18 (623) 546-2718
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate Home5.19 miles away6622 N 91st Avenue Ste 210 Glendale Arizona 85305Dialysis Stations: 1 (623) 877-0209