Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation is in Ballwin, Missouri. The city has 92,608 people. Sporting an overall grade of B-, this is a middle of the pack nursing home. Based on all of the relevant data, there are definitely much worse nursing homes out there. The best part of this nursing home's profile is is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Ballwin senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's best category grade came in the area of health inspections. In this area, we gave this facility a B+. It outperformed most facilities in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Another one of this nursing home's stronger areas was in the category of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B+. Nursing scores are mostly based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a solid grade in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of C. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was long-term care, ended up being this nursing home's weakest area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this area. This is one of the few weak points of a strong profile. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category may not provide the type of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes offer. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were a bit worried that this facility provided the vaccine to a relatively low 77.04918 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation, 9.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients which are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation, 5.4% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation, 86.07% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation, 13.27 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ballwin Ridge Health & Rehabilitation, 71.67% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.68 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 11.76 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.56 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Ellisville Dialysis Center3.18 miles away257 Clarkson Road Ballwin Missouri 63011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 207-7401
- Eureka Dialysis Center4.58 miles away419 Meramec Blvd Eureka Missouri 63025Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 587-2063
- Bowles Avenue Dialysis6.49 miles away1011 Bowles Avenue Suite 210 Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 326-7130
- Fenton Dialysis Center6.7 miles away850 Horan Dr. Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 305-1144
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC8.03 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- Town and Country West Dialysis8.71 miles away12855 N 40 Drive Suite l4 Saint Louis Missouri 63141Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 542-0049
- Davita House Springs Dialysis9.67 miles away40 Walters Place House Springs Missouri 63051Dialysis Stations: 20 (636) 375-5270
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center10.49 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770