Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center is a small nursing home located in Bainbridge Island, Washington. We awarded this facility an B+ overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all nursing homes in the country. In our view, this facility is a good fit for most people. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile is its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Bainbridge Island senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home received even higher grades in the area of short-term care. In fact, it received one of our best grades in that area with a score of A. Our short-term care grades are likely more important for those in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This facility really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing scores are primarily tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Washington in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center?
Turning to another of this facility's strengths, it also received a very impressive inspection grade. In that area, we gave this facility an impressive grade of B+. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was long-term care. This nursing home was given an impressive long-term care score in our assessment, with a B-. While this was not quite as strong as some of its other grades, this is still a respectable rating for that area. In determining our long-term care grades, we analyze the personal care offered to the facility's residents. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.28571 percent of its residents. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center, 7.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term residents who suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center, 2.29% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients which experienced UTI's. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center, 13.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center, 12.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center, 13.28% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center, 92.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center, 14.67% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center, 18.81% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center, 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center, 18.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center, 12.21 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bainbridge Island Health & Rehab Center, 75.22% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Harrison Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away2520 Cherry Avenue Bremerton Washington 98310Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 377-3911
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.04 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Harborview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.32 miles away325 9th Avenue Seattle Washington 98104Government - Local(206) 731-3000
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.7 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 9.94 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.22 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Olympic Peninsula Kidney Center5.93 miles away2613 Wheaton Way Bremerton Washington 98310CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (360) 479-5908
- Olympic Peninsula Kidney Center Coordinated Care Unit5.97 miles away2740 Clare Ave Bremerton Washington 98310Dialysis Stations: 4 (360) 479-1068
- Olympic Peninsula Kc - South Kitsap8.29 miles away450 S Kitsap Blvd Bldg 1, Suite 178 Port Orchard Washington 98366Dialysis Stations: 11 (360) 895-7795
- Nkc Burien Kidney Center8.52 miles away12901 20th Ave South Seattle Washington 98168CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (206) 923-3562
- Olympic Peninsula Kidney Center - North9.29 miles away19472 Powder Hill Pl Ste 100 Poulsbo Washington 98370Dialysis Stations: 8 (360) 598-9712
- Nkc Elliott Bay Kidney Center9.39 miles away600 Broadway, Suite 240 Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 292-2515
- Nkc Broadway Kidney Center9.4 miles away700 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (206) 292-2705
- Nkc Seattle Kidney Center9.75 miles away548 15th Ave Seattle Washington 98122Dialysis Stations: 38 (206) 720-3940