Azria Health Midtown is a facility in Omaha, Nebraska which has 518,429 people. This facility received an overall grade of B, which is a good rating. You could certainly do much worse than this nursing home. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its nursing rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Azria Health Midtown
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. The nursing score considers a variety of subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning a resident more frequently.
In addition, this facility also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on the facility's government inspections. In fact, we gave it an A- for that area. Our inspection grades are tied to datapoints found on the a nursing home's inspections. Nursing homes that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Azria Health Midtown?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed was short-term care. This facility received a very positive short-term care grade, with a B+ in this category. Short-term care scores are meaningful for patients requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was long-term care, proved to be this facility's worst category. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in this category. This really was one of just a couple of dings of an otherwise strong profile. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in long-term care it is often a bad sign for patient care and it may mean that the place is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. After we finished assessing the amount of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated a relatively low 81.42857 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Azria Health Midtown Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Azria Health Midtown, 5.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Azria Health Midtown, 4.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients which sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Azria Health Midtown, 3.69% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents which experienced UTI's. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Azria Health Midtown, 18.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Azria Health Midtown, 19.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Azria Health Midtown, 4.27% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Azria Health Midtown, 93.22% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Azria Health Midtown, 15.08% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Azria Health Midtown, 21.04% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Azria Health Midtown, 21.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Azria Health Midtown, 8.88 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Azria Health Midtown, 77.94% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Omaha, NE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Omaha, Nebraska has 21 other nursing homes
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 3.56 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Chi Health Mercy Council BluffsAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away800 Mercy Drive Council Bluffs Iowa 51503Voluntary non-profit - Private(712) 328-5000
- Methodist Jennie EdmundsonAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away933 East Pierce Street Council Bluffs Iowa 51503Voluntary non-profit - Private(712) 396-6000
- Bellevue Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.03 miles away2500 Bellevue Medical Center Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Proprietary(402) 763-3600
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.52 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Omaha Central Dialysis0.58 miles away144 S 40th Street Omaha Nebraska 68131Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 558-0818
- Rai Care Center0.73 miles away4411 Center Ste A Omaha Nebraska 68105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 558-3284
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Omaha0.78 miles away3316 Dodge St. Omaha Nebraska 68131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (402) 342-0190
- Omaha South Dialysis2.72 miles away3339 L Street Omaha Nebraska 68107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 734-0772
- Dci - Spring Street2.89 miles away7070 Spring Street Omaha Nebraska 68106Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 505-8004
- Rai Care Center - Ames Ave3.51 miles away5084 Ames Ave Omaha Nebraska 68104Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 451-7754
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center3.66 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333
- Fmc - Nebraska Home Dialysis3.85 miles away2916 S 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68124Dialysis Stations: 1 (402) 393-2865