Azria Health Midtown is a facility in Omaha, Nebraska which has 518,429 people. This facility received an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average rating. You could certainly do much worse than this nursing home. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Azria Health Midtown
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
910 South 40th Street,
Omaha NE 68105
70.81% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home performed even better in our inspections category which is based on the nursing home's recent inspection reports. We gave it a grade of A- for this area, which is one of our best scores. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A-. The nursing rating is based on quite a few datapoints, but the most important one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Azria Health Midtown?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed is short-term care. It received one of our best scores in that area, with a grade of A-. Our short-term care grade is generally used to gauge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation To offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is long-term care, which is a weak spot for this facility. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D for our long-term care category, making this the nursing home's weakest category grade. We'd nevertheless suggest that you consider all of a nursing home's grades. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care likely don't provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes provide. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. We were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated 85.29412 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly less than what we expected. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Azria Health Midtown Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Azria Health Midtown, 5.27% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents which suffer from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Azria Health Midtown, 4.96% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care patients that suffered a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Azria Health Midtown, 3.66% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Azria Health Midtown, 18.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Azria Health Midtown, 19.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Azria Health Midtown, 4.32% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Azria Health Midtown, 93.19% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Azria Health Midtown, 14.85% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Azria Health Midtown, 18.85% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Azria Health Midtown, 18.85 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Azria Health Midtown, 9.35 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Azria Health Midtown, 77.76% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Omaha, NE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Omaha, Nebraska has 21 other nursing homes
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 3.56 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Chi Health Mercy Council BluffsAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away800 Mercy Drive Council Bluffs Iowa 51503Voluntary non-profit - Private(712) 328-5000
- Methodist Jennie EdmundsonAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away933 East Pierce Street Council Bluffs Iowa 51503Voluntary non-profit - Private(712) 396-6000
- Bellevue Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.03 miles away2500 Bellevue Medical Center Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Proprietary(402) 763-3600
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.52 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Omaha Central Dialysis0.58 miles away144 S 40th Street Omaha Nebraska 68131Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 558-0818
- Rai Care Center0.73 miles away4411 Center Ste A Omaha Nebraska 68105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 558-3284
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Omaha0.78 miles away3316 Dodge St. Omaha Nebraska 68131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (402) 342-0190
- Omaha South Dialysis2.72 miles away3339 L Street Omaha Nebraska 68107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 734-0772
- Dci - Spring Street2.89 miles away7070 Spring Street Omaha Nebraska 68106Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 505-8004
- Rai Care Center - Ames Ave3.51 miles away5084 Ames Ave Omaha Nebraska 68104Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 451-7754
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center3.66 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333
- Fmc - Nebraska Home Dialysis3.85 miles away2916 S 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68124Dialysis Stations: 1 (402) 393-2865