Azria Health Montclair is a large nursing home located in Omaha, Nebraska. This is a relatively poor nursing home, with an overall grade of D. If you are not happy with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are eight other nursing homes in Omaha. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its strong nursing rating. You can continue reading to learn more about nursing and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Azria Health Montclair
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Omaha senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were down on this facility overall, we awarded it a B for our nursing rating. This score is much more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. Our nursing grade weighs a handful of components, most of which are associated with nursing hours. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of turning a resident at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a respectable grade in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a B-. In crafting our short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical facility. The final item we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Azria Health Montclair?
This place received an F for its inspection rating. For places with bad inspection scores, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. Tragically, this facility had a category L deficiency. This type of deficiency indicates multiple widespread threats to patient safety or health. A deficiency in this category is toxic to a nursing home's inspection rating. Lastly, we would like to point out that this facility received significant government fines recently exceeding $50,000. This generally signifies that government inspectors grew tired after multiple years of failed government inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was long-term care. This facility was given a poor grade of F in this category. Long-term care grades in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. As it turns out, this nursing home provided the vaccine to a relatively low 66.901405 percent of its patients, which is not a very encouraging sign. To our surprise, this facility actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Azria Health Montclair Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Azria Health Montclair, 9.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Azria Health Montclair, 2.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients who sustained falls resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Azria Health Montclair, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Azria Health Montclair, 19.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Azria Health Montclair, 24.26% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients which were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Azria Health Montclair, 3.61% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Azria Health Montclair, 79.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Azria Health Montclair, 15.97% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Azria Health Montclair, 19.17% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Many in the industry argue that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Azria Health Montclair, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Azria Health Montclair, 19.17% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Azria Health Montclair, 19.52% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Azria Health Montclair, 64.47% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Omaha, NE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Omaha, Nebraska has 8 other nursing homes
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.62 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Chi Health LakesideAcute Care Hospitals 2.91 miles away16901 Lakeside Hills Ct Omaha Nebraska 68130Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 717-8167
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 4.65 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 7.91 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Chi Health MidlandsAcute Care Hospitals 8.07 miles away11111 South 84th St Papillion Nebraska 68046Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 593-3000
- Bellevue Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.57 miles away2500 Bellevue Medical Center Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Proprietary(402) 763-3600
- Omaha West Dialysis1.94 miles away13014 W. Dodge Rd. Omaha Nebraska 68154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 445-8950
- Fresenius Kidney Care Omaha West2.6 miles away15801 West Dodge Road Omaha Nebraska 68118Dialysis Stations: 13 (402) 697-7553
- Omaha Harrison Dialysis2.82 miles away6610 S 168th St Suite 8 Omaha Nebraska 68135Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 896-4609
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - West Omaha3.73 miles away3015 N. 118th St Omaha Nebraska 68164Dialysis Stations: 24 (402) 493-9331
- Fmc - Nebraska Home Dialysis4.25 miles away2916 S 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68124Dialysis Stations: 1 (402) 393-2865
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center4.57 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333
- Dci - Spring Street5.34 miles away7070 Spring Street Omaha Nebraska 68106Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 505-8004
- Sorensen Park Dialysis7.54 miles away6212 N 73rd Plaza #100 Omaha Nebraska 68134Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 571-4147