Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation is a large facility in Azle, Texas. With a terrible overall grade of F, this nursing home didn't fare well in our assessment. At the end of the day, you would be better off to avoid of this facility. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was long-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Azle senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
Although we gave this facility an abysmal overall score, we awarded it a grade of B for our long-term care rating. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 70.82228 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is a bit lower than we were hoping for but still a decent percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This facility performed well in the area of inspections also. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is a solid grade. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this facility's poor nursing grade where it received an F. The nursing score considers a number of datapoints. The most important one is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This number is far below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This place fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was short-term care. This facility received a rock bottom grade of F in that category. In computing these short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Given its weak rating in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this place offers substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 6.55% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 0.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 7.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 16.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 15.92% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 83.95% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 26.9% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 20.64% of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 20.64% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 7.07% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 83.16% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital AzleAcute Care Hospitals 1.16 miles away108 Denver Trail Azle Texas 76020Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 444-8700
- Medical City AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 12.73 miles away3101 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 639-1100
- Wise Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 12.81 miles away3200 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 502-7300
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 13.16 miles away10864 Texas Health Trail Keller Texas 76244Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 212-2000
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 15.64 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 15.67 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 15.68 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.9 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Azle0.9 miles away605 Northwest Parkway Suite 1 Azle Texas 76020Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 406-4331
- Fort Worth Saginaw Dialysis11.16 miles away900 North Blue Mound Road Suite 192 Fort Worth Texas 76131Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 232-1502
- Fresenius Medical Care of Northside11.38 miles away2530 Jacksboro Hwy Fort Worth Texas 76114CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 378-0043
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis Center North Fort Worth11.64 miles away1978 Ephriham Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76164CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (817) 624-7811
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis West Fort Worth11.65 miles away1704 South Cherry Lane, Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76108Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 367-0822
- Fresenius Medical Care Keller, LLC12.39 miles away3700 N Tarrant Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76177Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 479-8232
- Kerricher Dialysis, LLC12.52 miles away2400 Lands End Blvd Suite 131 Fort Worth Texas 76116Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 570-0916
- Rrc West Fort Worth13.57 miles away5601 Locke Avenue Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 886-3200