Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation is the lone nursing home located in Azle, Texas. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some respectable marks. This nursing home seems to have some things going for it. The best part of this place's report card was is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this proved to be a decent facility is it earned a very favorable inspection score. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. While this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's better category grades was in the category of long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. It actually fared better than most facilities in this area. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 82.933334 percent of its patients, which is a bit less than we were hoping for. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's next highest category was short-term care. As it turns out, with a grade of D in this area, it still performed somewhat poorly. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to measure a facility's performance with rehabilitation To provide quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this nursing home offers far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the average nursing home. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics sunk this facility's short-term care score.
This facility's weakest category was nursing, which is the final category we looked at. For this area, we gave this facility a grade of D. Our nursing rating weighs several data points, many of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This facility averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who have suffered a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care patients who suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 4.66% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 94.73% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Azle Manor Health Care and Rehabilitation, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital AzleAcute Care Hospitals 1.16 miles away108 Denver Trail Azle Texas 76020Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 444-8700
- Medical City AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 12.73 miles away3101 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 639-1100
- Wise Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 12.81 miles away3200 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 502-7300
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 13.16 miles away10864 Texas Health Trail Keller Texas 76244Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 212-2000
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 15.64 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 15.67 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 15.68 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.9 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Azle0.9 miles away605 Northwest Parkway Suite 1 Azle Texas 76020Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 406-4331
- Fort Worth Saginaw Dialysis11.16 miles away900 North Blue Mound Road Suite 192 Fort Worth Texas 76131Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 232-1502
- Fresenius Medical Care of Northside11.38 miles away2530 Jacksboro Hwy Fort Worth Texas 76114CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 378-0043
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis Center North Fort Worth11.64 miles away1978 Ephriham Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76164CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (817) 624-7811
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis West Fort Worth11.65 miles away1704 South Cherry Lane, Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76108Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 367-0822
- Fresenius Medical Care Keller, LLC12.39 miles away3700 N Tarrant Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76177Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 479-8232
- Kerricher Dialysis, LLC12.52 miles away2400 Lands End Blvd Suite 131 Fort Worth Texas 76116Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 570-0916
- Rrc West Fort Worth13.57 miles away5601 Locke Avenue Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 886-3200