Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Miami, Florida. With an overall rating of A-, we graded this facility to be one of the twenty highest graded facilities in the city. Overall scores in this range are a strong indicator of a quality facility. Even in a city offering 35 nursing homes, this nursing home stands out. As you will find below, this nursing home also performed well in our category grades. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this facility also received a nearly flawless inspection report. Therefore, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A+. Our inspection ratings are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we gave this facility an A. The nursing grade weighs a number of factors. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It performed more favorably than most facilities in this area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a life or death health condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not leave this to chance. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is short-term care, in which this facility received a B. Even though this ended up being its worst category grade, this is nevertheless a strong rating. In determining our short-term care grades, we look at a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This score is more often than not a useful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who returned home from the facility. We found that 3.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that had a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered from urinary tract infections. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center, 2.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center, 94.94% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aventura Rehab & Nursing Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Miami, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Miami, Florida has 34 other nursing homes
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- North Shore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away1100 Nw 95th St Miami Florida 33150Proprietary(305) 835-6000
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 7.09 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Mount Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.01 miles away4300 Alton Rd Miami Beach Florida 33140Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 674-2121
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- Hialeah HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.02 miles away651 E 25th St Hialeah Florida 33013Proprietary(305) 693-6100
- Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami Florida 33136Government - Hospital District or Authority(305) 585-1111
- Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.46 miles away1475 W 49th St Hialeah Florida 33012Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 558-2500
- Venture Dialysis Center0.34 miles away1680 Ne 164th St Miami Florida 33162Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 787-7345
- Aventura Dialysis Center2 miles away19056 Ne 29th Ave Miami Florida 33180Dialysis Stations: 24 (305) 692-9006
- Greater Miami Dialysis2.54 miles away160 Nw 176th St #100 Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 653-6033
- Physicians North Beach2.56 miles away17801 Nw 2nd Ave Suite 229 Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 653-7222
- New Start Dialysis Center LLC2.99 miles away900 Ne 125 Street #210 Miami Florida 33161Dialysis Stations: 11 (786) 863-8805
- Miami North Dialysis3.03 miles away860 Ne 125th St Miami Florida 33161CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (305) 893-7887
- Aventura Kidney Center3.2 miles away22 Sw 11th Street Hallandale Florida 33009Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 458-0887
- Miami Regional Dialysis Center West LLC3.28 miles away900 Park Centre Blvd #400-C Miami Florida 33169Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 625-7125