Avante at Orlando turns out to be one of a host of nursing home options you can choose from in Orlando, Florida. We have a high opinion of this nursing home, which we awarded a B+ overall. We were also impressed with the city grade of facilities in Orlando, making this a great place to find a nursing home. In our view, this nursing home is a solid choice for quite a few people. This nursing home also received consistently good grades in each of our categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Avante at Orlando
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this place really excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Not many facilities performed better in that area. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given a favorable long-term care grade as well. We awarded it one of our better scores in that area with a score of B+. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 93.05136 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be somewhat less than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Avante at Orlando?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. Our nursing category includes a handful of factors, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving patients at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we graded is short-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of B. This facility proved to be very solid in each category we looked at. In computing our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This grade is frequently a fair assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avante at Orlando Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avante at Orlando, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avante at Orlando, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients who suffered a fall which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avante at Orlando, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which experienced UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avante at Orlando, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avante at Orlando, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avante at Orlando, 2.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avante at Orlando, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avante at Orlando, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avante at Orlando, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Avante at Orlando, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avante at Orlando, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avante at Orlando, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avante at Orlando, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Orlando, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Orlando, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 3.62 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.8 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 13.23 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 13.66 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Central Florida Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.92 miles away1401 W Seminole Blvd Sanford Florida 32771Proprietary(407) 321-4500
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.84 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- Bio-Medical Applications of Florida, Inc.2.09 miles away6848 Aloma Ave Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 673-5191
- Winter Park Dialysis2.15 miles away3727 N Goldenrod Rd Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 657-5262
- Winter Park Home Pd Dialysis2.63 miles away4100 Metric Drive #200 Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 2 (407) 681-8730
- Winter Park Hemo Dialysis2.63 miles away4100 Metric Drive Ste 300 Winter Park Florida 32792CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 681-7600
- Central Florida Kindey Center-East Orlando3.2 miles away401 S Chickasaw Trail Orlando Florida 32825Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 434-8910
- Florida Hospital Esrd3.58 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 303-1985
- Central Florida Kidney Centers Inc5.13 miles away203 Ernestine Street Orlando Florida 32801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (407) 843-6110
- Orlando North Dialysis5.32 miles away5135 Adanson St Ste 700 Orlando Florida 32804Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 539-3998