Avantara Long Grove is a large facility located in Lake Zurich, Illinois. This turns out to be a highly rated facility, with an overall grade of B+. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this place. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Avantara Long Grove
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home received 10 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this nursing home also received a grade of B for its long-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.4382 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Avantara Long Grove?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this facility, we gave them one of our higher scores in our short-term care category as well, with a B. In our short-term care rating, we try to forge a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Moving on to our fourth category, this facility was given a respectable nursing rating. Although this was not quite as elite as several of its other grades, this is really nothing to be ashamed of. Nursing scores are mostly based on a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This figure is significantly below average. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avantara Long Grove Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avantara Long Grove, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avantara Long Grove, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avantara Long Grove, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic could be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avantara Long Grove, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avantara Long Grove, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avantara Long Grove, 29.8% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avantara Long Grove, 87.49% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avantara Long Grove, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avantara Long Grove, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Avantara Long Grove, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avantara Long Grove, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avantara Long Grove, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avantara Long Grove, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.18 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.06 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 13.61 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis1.53 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Fmc - Palatine Dialysis Center2.56 miles away691 East Dundee Road Palatine Illinois 60074CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (847) 963-4299
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc4.98 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows5.49 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250
- Fmc - Mundelein5.53 miles away1402 Townline Road Mundelein Illinois 60060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 949-3904
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center7.61 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Davita - Arlington Heights Dialysis7.61 miles away17 W Golf Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 437-2188
- Fmc - Mount Prospect7.81 miles away1710 West Golf Road Mount Prospect Illinois 60056Dialysis Stations: 8 (847) 640-7101