Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City is an average-sized nursing home located in Oregon City, Oregon. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B. A score of this caliber requires solid marks in most areas. Based on our analysis, this facility looks like a good fit for most people. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its nursing rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a strong overall grade as described above, but we especially wanted to point out its excellent nursing rating. We awarded them an A+ in this category. There are a variety of subcategories included in this area. Many of the datapoints relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a patient more often.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given impressive marks in the category of short-term care as well. As a result, we gave it one of our highest scores in that category with a score of A. In the area of short-term care, we seek to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City?
We also found that this nursing home has received favorable government inspections in recent years. In fact, we awarded it a B- in this category. This is better than many facilities in this category. Our inspection scores are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This nursing home was hit with 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest area is long-term care, which is the last category we looked at. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of just D. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category may not provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities provide. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 93.37749 percent of its residents. This is somewhat lower than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City, 8.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City, 2.36% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who have suffered a fall which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City, 2.4% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City, 12.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City, 5.35% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City, 92.77% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City, 13.93% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City, 23.47% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City, 23.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City, 14.47 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Oregon City, 75.28% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.09 miles away1500 Division Street Oregon City Oregon 97045Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 657-6915
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 10.98 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 11.13 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.01 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.3 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.74 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Willamette Valley Renal Center0.14 miles away1510 Division St Ste 90 Oregon City Oregon 97045Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 557-1373
- Fmc Hilltop Dialysis1.34 miles away328 Warner Milne Rd Oregon City Oregon 97045Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 650-2357
- Lake Road Dialysis4.72 miles away6902 Se Lake Rd, Suite 100 Portland Oregon 97267CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 794-1288
- Fmc Clackamas Kidney Center4.85 miles away13560 Se 97th Ave Clackamas Oregon 97015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (503) 659-8200
- Meridian Park Dialysis Center7.73 miles away19255 Sw 65th Ave Suite 100 Tualatin Oregon 97062Dialysis Stations: 14 (503) 692-8159
- Pnrs Tualatin8.28 miles away7780 Sw Mohawk St Tualatin Oregon 97062CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (971) 224-4000
- Foster Powell Dialysis9.25 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC11.4 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909