Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton is an average-sized facility in Beaverton, Oregon. This facility was given an A- overall, which is a high-end grade. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. We also gave this nursing home impressive ratings in all four of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Beaverton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned a very strong nursing grade. Nursing proved to be its best category. In this area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A. Our nursing score assesses the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning residents more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
To complement its first-rate achievements in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care scores are considered to be most meaningful for those requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton?
This facility also received top notch government inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our inspection ratings are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was long-term care. This nursing home received a favorable nursing grade in our assessment, with a B. While this is not quite as good as many of its other category grades, this is still one of the more impressive grades for this category. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 97.89474 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening ailment for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton, 3.33% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term stay residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton, 3.16% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton, 1.58% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered from urinary tract infections. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton, 3.53% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton, 8.15% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who are given antianxiety medication. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton, 7.79% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton, 96.32% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton, 10.11% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton, 15.96% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton, 15.96% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton, 12.03% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton, 84.33% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.64 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - WestsideAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away2875 Nw Stucki Ave Hillsboro Oregon 97124Voluntary non-profit - Private(971) 310-1000
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.42 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.8 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Tuality Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away335 Se 8th Avenue Hillsboro Oregon 97123Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 681-1111
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC2.29 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909
- Pnrs Beaverton2.41 miles away2715 Sw 153rd Dr Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 520-1363
- Pnrs Twin Oaks3.95 miles away15201 Nw Greenbrier Parkway #C-2 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (503) 690-4883
- Cornell Road Dialysis4.53 miles away1700 Nw 167th Pl Ste 230 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 439-8829
- Fresenius Medical Care Noble Woods, LLC5.74 miles away5333 W Baseline Rd Hillsboro Oregon 97123Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 615-2161
- Pnrs Home Dialysis6.1 miles away2701 Nw Vaughn St., Ste. 150 Portland Oregon 97201Dialysis Stations: 12 (503) 205-0320
- Hillsboro Dialysis Center7.16 miles away2500 Nw 229th Ave Suite 300 Bldg E Hillsboro Oregon 97124Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 681-9460
- Meridian Park Dialysis Center7.16 miles away19255 Sw 65th Ave Suite 100 Tualatin Oregon 97062Dialysis Stations: 14 (503) 692-8159