Autumn Woods Health Campus is an average-sized government-owned nursing home located in New Albany, Indiana. This nursing home received an overall grade of B, which is a very respectable grade. This place truly has plenty of good features. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Autumn Woods Health Campus
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
2911 Green Valley Rd,
New Albany IN 47150
85.6% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place is a quality facility is that it received an impressive inspection score. Inspections is its best category. In that area, we awarded it an A-. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the category of short-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It outpaced most facilities in this category. With our short-term care assessment, we seek to craft a valuable measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Autumn Woods Health Campus?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. While this wasn't quite as good as some of its other category grades, this isn't a bad score either. Our nursing grade is largely tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. It scored well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, this facility received a B- for long-term care, which is generally a respectable score. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinated 97.44681 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Autumn Woods Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term residents which are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 14.48% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 91.03% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 1.38 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 6.82 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 12.02 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 13.7 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Fmc - Floyd County1.8 miles away807 Talaina Place New Albany Indiana 47150CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (812) 944-3265
- Fmc - Southern Indiana4.09 miles away810 Eastern Blvd Clarksville Indiana 47129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (812) 288-7638
- Davita Portland Dialysis4.57 miles away2118 Portland Ave Louisville Kentucky 40212Dialysis Stations: 13 (502) 776-4371
- Davita - Spring Street5.24 miles away1601 Spring Street Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 284-2098
- Fmc - West Louisville5.46 miles away2600 West Broadway Suite 112 Louisville Kentucky 40211Dialysis Stations: 18 (502) 772-7363
- Davita - Jeffersonville Dialysis6.11 miles away365 Quarter Master Court Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Dialysis Stations: 12 (812) 288-2296
- Fmc - Louisville6.39 miles away720 East Broadway Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-3021
- Davita West Broadway Dialysis6.41 miles away720 West Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-2059