Autumn Woods Health Campus is an average-sized government-owned nursing home located in New Albany, Indiana. We awarded this nursing home an overall rating of B+, making it ranked among the top three facilities in New Albany. This facility truly has plenty working in its favor. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Autumn Woods Health Campus
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this proved to be a quality facility is it received a very impressive short-term care rating. In fact, short-term care turned out to be its best category. In that area, we awarded this facility an A-. In determining our short-term care grades, we size up a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is typically a meaningful measure of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This facility also excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that area. Inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category typically have few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Autumn Woods Health Campus?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing rating assesses many datapoints, most of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving residents more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated was this nursing home's poorest category. However, even in its weakest link we still awarded it a decent grade of C in our long-term care category. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.14163 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable statistic. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Autumn Woods Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients who have sustained a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used to treat several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 12.38% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 91.56% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Autumn Woods Health Campus, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for New Albany, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? New Albany, Indiana has 5 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 1.38 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 6.82 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 12.02 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 13.7 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Fmc - Floyd County1.8 miles away807 Talaina Place New Albany Indiana 47150CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (812) 944-3265
- Fmc - Southern Indiana4.09 miles away810 Eastern Blvd Clarksville Indiana 47129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (812) 288-7638
- Davita Portland Dialysis4.57 miles away2118 Portland Ave Louisville Kentucky 40212Dialysis Stations: 13 (502) 776-4371
- Davita - Spring Street5.24 miles away1601 Spring Street Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 284-2098
- Fmc - West Louisville5.46 miles away2600 West Broadway Suite 112 Louisville Kentucky 40211Dialysis Stations: 18 (502) 772-7363
- Davita - Jeffersonville Dialysis6.11 miles away365 Quarter Master Court Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Dialysis Stations: 12 (812) 288-2296
- Fmc - Louisville6.39 miles away720 East Broadway Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-3021
- Davita West Broadway Dialysis6.41 miles away720 West Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-2059