Chapel View Senior Health & Living is an average-sized non-profit nursing home in Hopkins, Minnesota. This nursing home proved to be an A+ rated facility. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system requires first-rate performance across the board. In fact, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the top 25 facilities in Minnesota. This facility was also given phenomenal scores in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Chapel View Senior Health & Living
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Hopkins senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Hopkins, Minnesota Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hopkins, Minnesota Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Hopkins, Minnesota Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Adding to an already impressive profile, this facility also received virtually flawless health inspections in recent years. As a result, we awarded it an A+ inspection grade. Our inspection scores are tied to many items found on the a nursing home's inspections. Nursing homes that excel in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Chapel View Senior Health & Living?
Long-term Care Quality
An additional strength for this facility was long-term care, where it was awarded an A+ grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this area. For prospective patients in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 93.84615 percent of its residents. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Moving on to the fourth category, this nursing home was awarded a highly favorable nursing rating. We awarded it a grade of A in that area, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. The nursing rating considers a number of data points. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a resident at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chapel View Senior Health & Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chapel View Senior Health & Living, 9.48% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chapel View Senior Health & Living, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients who have experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chapel View Senior Health & Living, 2.32% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients which have suffered from a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chapel View Senior Health & Living, 24.21% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chapel View Senior Health & Living, 1.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chapel View Senior Health & Living, 3.35% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chapel View Senior Health & Living, 94.36% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chapel View Senior Health & Living, 7.96% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chapel View Senior Health & Living, 11.69% of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Chapel View Senior Health & Living, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chapel View Senior Health & Living, 11.69% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chapel View Senior Health & Living, 4.55% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chapel View Senior Health & Living, 82.08% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.23 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.93 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 7.31 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- St Francis Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.05 miles away1455 St Francis Avenue Shakopee Minnesota 55379Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 403-3000
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita1.98 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis2.57 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Minnetonka Dialysis of Davita5 miles away17809 Hutchins Dr Minnetonka Minnesota 55345Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 470-9944
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley5.36 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- Edina Dialysis of Davita5.58 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371
- Davita - Uptown5.88 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- Eden Prairie Dialysis of Davita5.88 miles away14852 Scenic Heights Road Suite 255 Eden Prairie Minnesota 55344Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 934-2411
- Fmc - Plymouth Creek6.33 miles away3007 Harbor Ln N Ste 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55447Dialysis Stations: 17 (763) 559-0980