Located in Chaska, Minnesota, Auburn Manor is the only facility located there. This nursing home proved to be an A+ facility, which is our absolute highest rating. This is just about as good of a place as you're going to find. Finally, this appears to be a very consistent facility with consistent grades in each of the major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Chaska senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this place turned out to be a great nursing home is it earned an A+ inspection grade. This is just about as good as it gets in this very important area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing score is largely tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Auburn Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received a high-end grade of A in our long-term care category. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 98.75777 percent of its residents, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this facility also performed well in the short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it an A- for this category. This rounded out truly elite profile. Our short-term care ratings are meaningful for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Auburn Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Auburn Manor, 6.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Auburn Manor, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term care patients who had falls which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Auburn Manor, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. More frequent bathing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Auburn Manor, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Auburn Manor, 11.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Auburn Manor, 4.16% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Auburn Manor, 94.15% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Auburn Manor, 13.41% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Auburn Manor, 15.86% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Auburn Manor, 15.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Auburn Manor, 14.49 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Auburn Manor, 77.42% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- St Francis Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.84 miles away1455 St Francis Avenue Shakopee Minnesota 55379Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 403-3000
- Ridgeview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away500 South Maple Street Waconia Minnesota 55387Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 442-2191
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.83 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Ridges HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.1 miles away201 East Nicollet Boulevard Burnsville Minnesota 55337Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 892-2101
- Mayo Clinic Health System-New PragueCritical Access Hospitals 16.84 miles away301 2nd Street Northeast New Prague Minnesota 56071Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 758-4431
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.95 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.2.93 miles away3000 Hundertmark Rd Suite 6 Chaska Minnesota 55318Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 443-3191
- Fms Dialysis - Shakopee4.88 miles away1515 Saint Francis Ave Ste 150 Shakopee Minnesota 55379CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 403-1038
- Eden Prairie Dialysis of Davita8 miles away14852 Scenic Heights Road Suite 255 Eden Prairie Minnesota 55344Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 934-2411
- Minnetonka Dialysis of Davita9.58 miles away17809 Hutchins Dr Minnetonka Minnesota 55345Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 470-9944
- Fresenius Medical Care - Waconia Dialysis10.17 miles away560 S Maple St, Ste 6 Waconia Minnesota 55387Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 442-4605
- Scott County Dialysis of Davita11.48 miles away7456 South Park Dr Savage Minnesota 55378Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 226-4766
- Edina Dialysis of Davita14.41 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371
- Fmc - Southtown Dialysis14.59 miles away7901 Xerxes Ave S Ste 103 Minneapolis Minnesota 55431Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 881-6986