Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton is in Princeton, New Jersey. This city has a total of 52,304 people. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack rating. At the end of the day, this place looks like a good fit for quite a few people. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's report card is its remarkable inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its decent overall grade, we gave this facility an A for our inspections rating. This is far more impressive than its overall grade. Arguably the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
This facility's second best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. Nursing grades are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, although this nursing home got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable area ended up being its short-term care score, where it was given a C. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility supplied fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that just 3.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was long-term care, is this nursing home's weakest area. We awarded this nursing home a D in this area. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care may not provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities offer. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 88.04348 percent of its residents. This is pretty significantly less than what we were hoping for. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who had a fall leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton, 5.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton, 92% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Preton, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.91 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 14.79 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.41 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.9 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 19.91 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Davita Plainsboro1.49 miles away100 Plainsboro Road Suite 1a Plainsboro New Jersey 08536Dialysis Stations: 9 (609) 275-5550
- Fmc Princeton2.68 miles away707 Alexander Road Building 3; Suite 301 Princeton New Jersey 08540Dialysis Stations: 15 (609) 520-8995
- Davita Princeton Junction Dialysis3.32 miles away88 Princeton Hightstown Road Suite 102 Princeton Junction New Jersey 08550Dialysis Stations: 13 (609) 799-0084
- Davita Franklin Park Dialysis6.77 miles away3079 State Route 27 Unit H Franklin Park New Jersey 08823Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 305-7855
- Fmc Hamilton Home LLC7.08 miles away3836 Quakerbridge Road Suite 208 Trenton New Jersey 08619Dialysis Stations: 4 (609) 586-5001
- Dci Monroe7.96 miles away2 Research Way Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 12 (609) 356-7200
- Monroe Township Dialysis8.1 miles away298 Applegarth Rd Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 10 (609) 409-4259
- Dci North Brunswick Dialysis Ctr8.66 miles away105 North Center Dr North Brunswick New Jersey 08902CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (732) 940-8368