Spring Hills Post Acute Livingston is a large nursing home located in Livingston, New Jersey. After receiving an A+ overall grade, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the 50 best nursing homes in New Jersey. This is really as good of a facility as you'll find. This nursing home was also given phenomenal ratings in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Spring Hills Post Acute Livingston
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall rating, this nursing home received an A+ inspection grade. This grade is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can offer a nursing home. Our inspection scores are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home received high marks in the category of short-term care. Consequently, it received one of our highest scores in that category with a grade of A+. Our short-term care grade is often employed to score a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Spring Hills Post Acute Livingston?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a fine long-term care score. Indeed, this turned out to be its third best category score. In that category, we gave this facility a score of A. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. It does not appear that this facility provided data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Switching gears to the last area, this facility was given a very strong nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it an A- in that category, rounding out a straight A profile. We analyzed the levels of nurses employed by the facility, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses were with patients, in determining our grade in this category. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Spring Hills Post Acute Livingston Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Spring Hills Post Acute Livingston, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Spring Hills Post Acute Livingston, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.03 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 7.14 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.53 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Ara Dialysis Center at West Orange0.13 miles away101 Old Shorts Hills Road Ste 120 Carlstadt New Jersey 07072CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 736-8300
- Fresenius Medical Care Livingston, LLC0.48 miles away348 East Northfield Road Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 535-0667
- Fkc Acc Livingston St Barnabas So Orange Ave2.79 miles awayAcc Livingston Hemodialysis 200 So Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 322-7150
- Total Renal Care, Inc West Orange Dialysis2.99 miles away375 Mount Pleasant Avenue Ste 340 West Orange New Jersey 07052Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 243-7069
- Fmc Maplewood Dialysis Center3.13 miles away2130 Milburn Avenue Suite b1 Maplewood New Jersey 07040Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 275-5499
- Davita Millburn Dialysis3.28 miles away25 East Willow Street Ste 2 Millburn New Jersey 07041CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 379-7309
- Fmc Orange Dc3.47 miles away258 Central Ave Orange New Jersey 07050CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (973) 675-3400
- Ea Orange Gen Hospital3.51 miles away310 Central Avenue Medical Arts Building - Dialysis Unit East Orange New Jersey 07017CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (973) 395-4035