Aspen Hills Healthcare Center is the sole nursing home located in Pemberton, New Jersey. With an overall score of C, this appears to be a middle of the pack facility. Based on our analysis, this place has some redeeming qualities. The best part of this facility's profile was its remarkable inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Aspen Hills Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this nursing home received a decent overall grade is its excellent inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A+. This is a much better score than the place's overall grade, which was decent but not in the elite range. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this area typically have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we still had positive view of this facility's recent inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next highest area ended up being long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Our long-term care grades are more critical for people in need of more conventional assistance associated with activities of daily living. After considering the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to find that this nursing home vaccinated 98.35796 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Aspen Hills Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was short-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of C in this area. Our short-term care scores are presumably most meaningful for individuals in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires additional skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical facility. The hope is that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
The last category we looked at is nursing, proved to be this facility's worst area. We gave this facility a D in this category. Our nursing grade is based on many factors, however, the main one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aspen Hills Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aspen Hills Healthcare Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aspen Hills Healthcare Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aspen Hills Healthcare Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered from UTI's. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aspen Hills Healthcare Center, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aspen Hills Healthcare Center, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aspen Hills Healthcare Center, 5.95% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aspen Hills Healthcare Center, 91.97% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aspen Hills Healthcare Center, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aspen Hills Healthcare Center, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who maintained mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients physical and mental health.
In Aspen Hills Healthcare Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aspen Hills Healthcare Center, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aspen Hills Healthcare Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aspen Hills Healthcare Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.79 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.01 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 15.92 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 17.56 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.18 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 19.15 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 19.58 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- Davita Dialysis at Deborah2.97 miles away107 Trenton Road Browns Mills New Jersey 08015CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (609) 893-3950
- Davita Main Street Dialysis8.47 miles away668 Main Street Lumberton New Jersey 08048Dialysis Stations: 10 (609) 265-7865
- Davita Lumberton Dialysis9.41 miles away1261 W. Route #38 Hainesport New Jersey 08036CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 914-4420
- Fmc Burlington Dialysis12.12 miles away115 Sunset Road Burlington New Jersey 08016Dialysis Stations: 10 (609) 387-1091
- Dva Willingboro13.47 miles away230 Van Sciver Parkway Willingboro New Jersey 08046CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 871-3431
- Davita Marlton Dialysis Center13.65 miles away769 Route 70 East Building C Suite 100 Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 15 (856) 797-7044
- Fmc Whiting Dialysis Ctr13.74 miles away400-430 Route 530 Pinewald-Keswick Road Manchester Township New Jersey 08759CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 350-8405
- Dva Burlington No Dialysis Ctr13.98 miles away1164 Route 130 North Burlington New Jersey 08016Dialysis Stations: 13 (609) 747-9840