Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre is located in Liberty, Missouri, a city with a total of 36,280 people. Our rating system was not very kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall score of F. While the city grade in Liberty which is also just a D, you still should be able to do better. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is long-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We just could not find anything good to say about this facility. It received a grade of just D in long-term care. Sadly, this ended up being its best grade. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is often a bad sign for patient care and it may mean that the nursing home is not as well-staffed. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 50.830563 percent of its patients. This is several points lower than average. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the category of short-term care. In computing our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is generally a fair assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. As you might expect, we learned that this place offers significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the average facility. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.8 percent of its residents returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre?
Unfortunately, this facility received a lowly F for its inspection score. With facilities that received this poor of an inspection score, we would scrutinize any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they created a risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
The final area we analyzed is nursing. It received an abysmal F in this category, which is an abysmal grade. Nursing ratings are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This facility offered only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This facility performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which sustained falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 4.11% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts argue that this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 88.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Liberty, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Liberty, Missouri has 3 other nursing homes
- Liberty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.26 miles away2525 Glenn Hendren Dr Liberty Missouri 64069Government - Hospital District or Authority(816) 781-7200
- North Kansas City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away2800 Clay Edwards Drive Kansas City Missouri 64116Government - Local(816) 691-2000
- Saint Lukes North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11 miles away5830 N W Barry Road Kansas City Missouri 64154Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 891-6000
- Truman Medical Center Hospital HillAcute Care Hospitals 13.32 miles away2301 Holmes Street Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-1000
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 13.53 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- Excelsior Springs HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 13.6 miles away1700 Rainbow Boulevard Excelsior Springs Missouri 64024Government - Local(816) 630-6081
- Centerpoint Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.64 miles away19600 East 39th Street Independence Missouri 64057Proprietary(816) 698-7000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.98 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Liberty Dialysis2.19 miles away2525 Glenn Hendren Dr. Liberty Missouri 64068Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 781-4422
- Shoal Creek Dialysis2.28 miles away8260 N Booth Avenue Kansas City Missouri 64158Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 792-2502
- Isd - Kansas City Renal Center7.95 miles away4333 Madison Ave Kansas City Missouri 64111CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 756-0645
- Northland Dialysis8.91 miles away2750 Clay Edwards Dr. #100 Kansas City Missouri 64116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (816) 842-2056
- Independence Dialysis Center9.74 miles away1135 S. Claremont Independence Missouri 64054Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 836-1220
- Hospital Hill Dialysis9.86 miles away900 E 21st Street Kansas City Missouri 64108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 842-9286
- Platte Woods Dialysis11.52 miles away7667 Nw Prairie View Rd Kansas City Missouri 64151CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 746-5542
- Excelsior Springs Dialysis12.09 miles away1745 W Jesse James Rd Excelsior Springs Missouri 64024Dialysis Stations: 13 (816) 637-2685