Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre is located in Liberty, Missouri, a city with a total of 36,280 people. Our rating system was not very kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall score of F. This nursing home is just about as bad as it gets. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was long-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Liberty senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities grades were terrible across the board. In particular, we wanted to draw your attention to its poor long-term care grade where it received an F. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care may not provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes provide. After we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated just 80.05465 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Among this facility's alarming category grades was an F for its inspection rating. Typically, this means we found some major red flags on the facility's inspection reports. With nursing homes that received this bad of an inspection score, we recommend scrutinizing the severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they created a risk to patient health or safety. Lastly, we want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was assessed significant government fines of over $100,000. This generally suggests that a nursing home'sbad performance spanned multiple years.
Does this page answer your questions about Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre?
Among this nursing home's several poor grades was its F in the area of nursing care. In calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we consider the quantity of hours nurses commit to patients and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is short-term care, in which this facility received a bottom of the barrel grade in this category also. We gave it a lowly F for this area, which is definitely a major concern. Short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Considering its grade in this category, we weren't stunned to discover that this facility was well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the data we looked at. The final item we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.5 percent of its patients returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 9.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term residents who have suffered from UTI's. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 5.4% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 86.07% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 1.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ashton Court Care and Rehabilitation Centre, 13.27 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
- Liberty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.26 miles away2525 Glenn Hendren Dr Liberty Missouri 64069Government - Hospital District or Authority(816) 781-7200
- North Kansas City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away2800 Clay Edwards Drive Kansas City Missouri 64116Government - Local(816) 691-2000
- Saint Lukes North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11 miles away5830 N W Barry Road Kansas City Missouri 64154Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 891-6000
- Truman Medical Center Hospital HillAcute Care Hospitals 13.32 miles away2301 Holmes Street Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-1000
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 13.53 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- Excelsior Springs HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 13.6 miles away1700 Rainbow Boulevard Excelsior Springs Missouri 64024Government - Local(816) 630-6081
- Centerpoint Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.64 miles away19600 East 39th Street Independence Missouri 64057Proprietary(816) 698-7000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.98 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Liberty Dialysis2.19 miles away2525 Glenn Hendren Dr. Liberty Missouri 64068Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 781-4422
- Shoal Creek Dialysis2.28 miles away8260 N Booth Avenue Kansas City Missouri 64158Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 792-2502
- Isd - Kansas City Renal Center7.95 miles away4333 Madison Ave Kansas City Missouri 64111CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 756-0645
- Northland Dialysis8.91 miles away2750 Clay Edwards Dr. #100 Kansas City Missouri 64116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (816) 842-2056
- Independence Dialysis Center9.74 miles away1135 S. Claremont Independence Missouri 64054Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 836-1220
- Hospital Hill Dialysis9.86 miles away900 E 21st Street Kansas City Missouri 64108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 842-9286
- Platte Woods Dialysis11.52 miles away7667 Nw Prairie View Rd Kansas City Missouri 64151CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 746-5542
- Excelsior Springs Dialysis12.09 miles away1745 W Jesse James Rd Excelsior Springs Missouri 64024Dialysis Stations: 13 (816) 637-2685