Arrowhead Health and Rehab is in Jonesboro, Georgia. With an overall score of F, we consider this to be a very poor facility. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Jonesboro. The city has just one other nursing home. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Arrowhead Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. This facility received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Incredibly, we awarded this facility a C for our long-term care grade, which really isn't too bad of a score. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we scrutinize the personal care offered to a facility's residents. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated a relatively low 80.67796 percent of its residents. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Arrowhead Health and Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility ended up receiving a rock-bottom grade in our short-term care area. It was given an F in this area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is typically a fair assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. With a score of this caliber in this area, we weren't surprised to learn that this nursing home was well below average in multiple staffing areas we looked at. The facility provided substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 4.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most facilities, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Moving on to the last category, this nursing home really did not fare very well in this area either. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in nursing, this is really as as uninspiring as it gets. When calculating our nursing scores, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This place performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arrowhead Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 10.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of long-term residents which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 3.23% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay patients which suffered from urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 18.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients that are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 21.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 5.43% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 93.26% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 17.3% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 23.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 23.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 11.54 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
- Southern Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away11 Upper Riverdale Road, Sw Riverdale Georgia 30274Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 991-8160
- Piedmont Henry HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.11 miles away1133 Eagle's Landing Parkway Stockbridge Georgia 30281Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 604-1000
- Piedmont Fayette HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.57 miles away1255 Highway 54 West Fayetteville Georgia 30214Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 719-7000
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.06 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.85 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 13.26 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.29 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 15.43 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Davita Southern Crescent Dialysis Center1.82 miles away275 Upper Riverdale Rd Sw Ste B Riverdale Georgia 30274CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 907-7022
- Fresenius Medical Care Clayton County1.82 miles away181 Upper Riverdale Rd Riverdale Georgia 30274Dialysis Stations: 31 (770) 996-9660
- Forest Park Dialysis Center3.11 miles away380 Forest Parkway Forest Park Georgia 30297Dialysis Stations: 18 (404) 361-0646
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc.3.27 miles away2450 Mt. Zion Parkway Jonesboro Georgia 30236Dialysis Stations: 11 (770) 472-3814
- Davita Jonesboro Dialysis Center4.14 miles away129 King Street Jonesboro Georgia 30236CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 471-2381
- Tara Boulevard Dialysis4.16 miles away6540 Tara Blvd Suite 200 Jonesboro Georgia 30236Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 968-8279
- Fresenius Medical Care Jonesboro, LLC4.16 miles away8060 Summit Business Parkway Jonesboro Georgia 30236Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 603-8540
- Bma of Atlanta Inc4.57 miles away1720 Phoenix Parkway Atlanta Georgia 30349Dialysis Stations: 18 (770) 996-5889