Arrowhead Health and Rehab is in Jonesboro, Georgia. With an overall score of F, we consider this to be a very poor facility. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Jonesboro. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is inspections, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Arrowhead Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Jonesboro senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of C. We believe that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. This place had 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were in categories G through L. This means this facility avoided the more significant classes of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was given an F for its short-term care score. In our short-term care category, we endeavor to craft a sound barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Arrowhead Health and Rehab?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this nursing home a rock-bottom F in the area of long-term care. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means the nursing home didn't perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. We were somewhat surprised to discover that this facility vaccinated only 53.40136 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
The next category we graded was nursing. We gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is an abysmal score. Our nursing rating weighs many data points. The most heavily weighted one is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these metrics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arrowhead Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 1.02% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 0.34% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients which had UTI's. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 17.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 26.79% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents that are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 33.46% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 65.99% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 34.48% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 24.72% of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 24.72% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 23.88% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arrowhead Health and Rehab, 58.8% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Southern Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away11 Upper Riverdale Road, Sw Riverdale Georgia 30274Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 991-8160
- Piedmont Henry HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.11 miles away1133 Eagle's Landing Parkway Stockbridge Georgia 30281Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 604-1000
- Piedmont Fayette HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.57 miles away1255 Highway 54 West Fayetteville Georgia 30214Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 719-7000
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.06 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.85 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 13.26 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.29 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 15.43 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Davita Southern Crescent Dialysis Center1.82 miles away275 Upper Riverdale Rd Sw Ste B Riverdale Georgia 30274CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 907-7022
- Fresenius Medical Care Clayton County1.82 miles away181 Upper Riverdale Rd Riverdale Georgia 30274Dialysis Stations: 31 (770) 996-9660
- Forest Park Dialysis Center3.11 miles away380 Forest Parkway Forest Park Georgia 30297Dialysis Stations: 18 (404) 361-0646
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc.3.27 miles away2450 Mt. Zion Parkway Jonesboro Georgia 30236Dialysis Stations: 11 (770) 472-3814
- Davita Jonesboro Dialysis Center4.14 miles away129 King Street Jonesboro Georgia 30236CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 471-2381
- Tara Boulevard Dialysis4.16 miles away6540 Tara Blvd Suite 200 Jonesboro Georgia 30236Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 968-8279
- Fresenius Medical Care Jonesboro, LLC4.16 miles away8060 Summit Business Parkway Jonesboro Georgia 30236Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 603-8540
- Bma of Atlanta Inc4.57 miles away1720 Phoenix Parkway Atlanta Georgia 30349Dialysis Stations: 18 (770) 996-5889