Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a facility in Emerson, New Jersey. This city has 7,379 people. Amazingly, this nursing home made our top 100 list of the best facilities in the United States. With over 15,000 nursing homes in the country, this is a phenomenal feat. At the end of the day, this facility looks like a no brainer for most people. This facility was also given strong grades in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. There are a number of criteria included in this area. Most of these subcategories are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving a resident more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
Another reason we assessed this facility so highly is that it was awarded an A+ long-term care score. This is just about as strong as it gets in this area. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Adding to an already impressive profile, this facility also received virtually flawless health inspections in recent years. As a result, we awarded it an A+ inspection grade. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last area, this facility also received an excellent short-term care rating, with a grade of A. This finished off an elite profile. In computing our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to create a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who suffered a fall which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 5.95% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 0.71 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.5 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.92 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Davita Renal Center of Westwood0.75 miles away363 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 664-6649
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus4.15 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack5.58 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Fmc Bergen Rcc5.82 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Davita Radburn Dialysis5.97 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis6 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Fmc Englewood Dialysis Center6.12 miles away350 Engle Street Fl 1 Englewood New Jersey 07631CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 503-1401
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home6.14 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004