Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Arlington, Texas with a total of 370,281 people. Sporting an overall grade of C, this looks like a solid nursing home. You could certainly do worse than this place. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its impressive nursing grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Arlington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to having a decent overall score, we also wanted to point out that this nursing home received favorable nursing marks this year. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a B+. This proved to be the facility's top score. The nursing score assesses several components, however, the paramount one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a favorable score in our short-term care category. We awarded this facility a better than average grade of B in that category. Our short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home only received a D for its long-term care rating, which is well below average in this category. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. Once we assessed the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinates 97.19101 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Moving on our last category of inspections, this facility received a grade that's as bad as it gets. Unfortunately, with an F in the inspection category, this nursing home's overall grade was adversely affected. When a nursing home has this poor of an inspection rating, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. This facility was hit with 7 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they caused a risk to resident safety or health. Finally, we also would like to point out that this nursing home was assessed large government fines in recent years amounting to more than $100,000. This often means that a bad track record has been an issue for multiple years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term patients that suffered falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 4.84% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 93.69% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels. Some believe that mobility is critical to residents' health.
In Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arlington Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Arlington, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Arlington, Texas has 5 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Baylor Medical Center at IrvingAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away1901 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75061Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 579-8100
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 11.54 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis Center - Grand Prairie1.42 miles away1006 North Carrier Parkway Grand Prairie Texas 75050CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 263-7202
- Fresenius Medical Care Grand Prairie1.49 miles away825 Dalworth Street Grand Prairie Texas 75050CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (972) 266-3891
- Grand Prairie Dialysis Center Inc1.6 miles away550 S Carrier Parkway Suite 450 Grand Prairie Texas 75051Dialysis Stations: 24 (972) 237-2400
- Dialysis Care of Grand Prairie2.76 miles away402 N Carrier Parkway Suite 102 Grand Prairie Texas 75050Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 264-2660
- Greater Irving I Regional Dialysis Center, LLC2.98 miles away1950 Ne Green Oaks Blvd Suite 190 Arlington Texas 76006Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 460-0510
- North Arlington Dialysis3.49 miles away642 Lincoln Square Arlington Texas 76011Dialysis Stations: 19 (817) 542-0529
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Arlington4 miles away203 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76011CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 275-7787
- Arlington Dialysis4.01 miles away1250 E. Pioneer Parkway Suite 700 Arlington Texas 76010Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 469-6100