Located in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, Aristacare at Meadow Springs is one of just a few facilities in this city. Featuring an overall rating of C, this is likely a middle of the road facility. Based on our assessment, this facility has some redeeming qualities. One of the major highlights of this facility's profile is its remarkable inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Aristacare at Meadow Springs
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this nursing home really outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that area with a grade of A. Inspection scores are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to point out that this nursing home received favorable long-term care marks this year. We awarded them one of our higher scores in this area, with a B+. This turned out to be the facility's second strongest grade. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After considering the volume of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 95.98393 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life threatening health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Aristacare at Meadow Springs?
This facility also earned a strong nursing score. We awarded it a F in this area. There are numerous subcategories within this category. Many of these datapoints are tied to nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive area was short-term care, which is the last area we scored. Sadly, it received an abysmal F in this category. Even with a few solid scores in other areas, this grade is still disappointing so we felt obligated to draw your attention to it. Our short-term care grade is typically used to gauge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. With a grade of this caliber for this area, we were not stunned to discover this nursing home was well below average in multiple staffing areas we focus on. In fact, it offered far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most facilities. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 2.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics doomed this nursing home's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aristacare at Meadow Springs Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients that have suffered a fall which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents which are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 3.23% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Some argue that this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 88.5% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that retained mobility levels. Many would argue that mobility is vital to patients health.
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.46 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 3.11 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 7.04 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton1.55 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Total Renal Care, Inc.2.05 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East2.18 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall5.04 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mt. Airy6.31 miles away10 East Moreland Avenue, Suite 300 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (215) 381-0310
- Davita - Radnor Dialysis6.68 miles away250 King of Prussia Road Wayne Pennsylvania 19087Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 254-0070
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Roxborough Dialysis6.86 miles away5003 Umbria Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Dialysis Stations: 16 (267) 331-6384
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson7.13 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525