Located in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, Aristacare at Meadow Springs is one of just a few facilities in this city. Featuring an overall rating of C, this is likely a middle of the road facility. Based on our assessment, this facility has some redeeming qualities. One of the major highlights of this facility's profile is its remarkable inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Aristacare at Meadow Springs
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this nursing home really outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that area with a grade of A. Inspection scores are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to point out that this nursing home received favorable long-term care marks this year. We awarded them one of our higher scores in this area, with a B+. This turned out to be the facility's second strongest grade. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After considering the volume of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 96.58635 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life threatening health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Aristacare at Meadow Springs?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's second least favorable score is short-term care, where it received a grade of just D in that area. This is a well below average grade. In the category of short-term care, we strive to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Considering its grade in this area, we were not stunned to find that this facility is well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the data we looked at. Frankly, this was what we expected to find. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics doomed this nursing home's short-term care score.
This facility's weakest area was nursing, which is the final category we scored. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F for this category. Despite some decent grades in other areas, this score is still disappointing so we felt obligated to draw your attention to it. The nursing rating includes many factors, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This place offered only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these data points to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aristacare at Meadow Springs Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients that experienced falls leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which experienced UTI's. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents which are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 3.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 88.22% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.46 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 3.11 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 7.04 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton1.55 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Total Renal Care, Inc.2.05 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East2.18 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall5.04 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mt. Airy6.31 miles away10 East Moreland Avenue, Suite 300 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (215) 381-0310
- Davita - Radnor Dialysis6.68 miles away250 King of Prussia Road Wayne Pennsylvania 19087Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 254-0070
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Roxborough Dialysis6.86 miles away5003 Umbria Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Dialysis Stations: 16 (267) 331-6384
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson7.13 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525