Aristacare at Meadow Springs is a large nursing home in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania. With an overall score of D, this is a well below average nursing home. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Plymouth Meeting. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection reports. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Aristacare at Meadow Springs
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Plymouth Meeting senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was not a highlight, it actually excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection grades account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid places with too many deficiencies flagged. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's better category scores was in the category of long-term care. This proved to be its second most favorable category. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of C. In forming our long-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's personal care services. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 94.83101 percent of its patients. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Aristacare at Meadow Springs?
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility just a D for our short-term care grade. This is not one of our better scores. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. With its poor grade in this area, we weren't shocked to discover this facility offers significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other nursing homes. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
Switching gears to the fourth area, this nursing home didn't perform very well in this category either. Due to an abysmal grade of F in nursing, this is about as terrible as it gets. Nursing ratings are largely tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This figure is well below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aristacare at Meadow Springs Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which suffered a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 3.3% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 86.27% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some experts believe that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aristacare at Meadow Springs, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.46 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 3.11 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 7.04 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton1.55 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Total Renal Care, Inc.2.05 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East2.18 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall5.04 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mt. Airy6.31 miles away10 East Moreland Avenue, Suite 300 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (215) 381-0310
- Davita - Radnor Dialysis6.68 miles away250 King of Prussia Road Wayne Pennsylvania 19087Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 254-0070
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Roxborough Dialysis6.86 miles away5003 Umbria Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Dialysis Stations: 16 (267) 331-6384
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson7.13 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525