Aristacare at Cherry Hill is an average-sized facility located in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Featuring an overall grade of B, this appears to be a very respectable nursing home. Indeed, this proved to be better than most of the facilities in Cherry Hill. We were also pleased to find that this place didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Aristacare at Cherry Hill
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Cherry Hill senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall grade, this nursing home performed even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the nursing home's recent government inspections. We gave it an A- for that area, which is one of our highest grades. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite minor. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Among its many impressive scores, this facility earned an excellent nursing rating. In fact, we gave it an B+ in that area. Nursing scores are primarily tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Aristacare at Cherry Hill?
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a solid score in the area of long-term care, with a grade of B-. In determining our long-term care ratings, we assess the assistance with daily living offered to the facility's residents. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated 65.86667 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be several points less than the national average. Nevertheless, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth category, this facility was given an acceptable short-term care grade of B-. Short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aristacare at Cherry Hill Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aristacare at Cherry Hill, 5.26% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aristacare at Cherry Hill, 0.27% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aristacare at Cherry Hill, 0.28% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aristacare at Cherry Hill, 1.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents who were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aristacare at Cherry Hill, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aristacare at Cherry Hill, 9.4% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients showing signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aristacare at Cherry Hill, 72.42% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aristacare at Cherry Hill, 8.72% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aristacare at Cherry Hill, 4.49% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Aristacare at Cherry Hill, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aristacare at Cherry Hill, 4.49% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aristacare at Cherry Hill, 12.55% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aristacare at Cherry Hill, 85.57% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Cherry Hill, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cherry Hill, New Jersey has 5 other nursing homes
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.21 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.15 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.44 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 6.63 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Hahnemann University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away230 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Proprietary(215) 762-7000
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 7.31 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Davita Merchantville Dialysis1.62 miles away5000 N Crescent Blvd Suite 1a Merchantville New Jersey 08109Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 910-8798
- Davita Cherry Hill Dialysis2.07 miles away1030 N Kings Hwy Suite 100 Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 321-0111
- Davita Pennsauken Dialysis Center2.12 miles away7024 Kaighns Ave Merchantville New Jersey 08109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 486-1145
- Davita Lourdes Camden Dialysis3.25 miles away1601 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (856) 541-0647
- Fmc Silver Dialysis3.25 miles awayDialysis Unit 1417 Brace Rd Suite B Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034Dialysis Stations: 35 (856) 216-8463
- Davita Lourdes Dialysis at Innova Inc3.28 miles away3716 Church Road Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 222-0386
- Davita Lourdes Mt Laurel Dialysis4.46 miles away130 Gaither Drive Ste. 172 Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 20 (856) 222-4195
- Memphis Street Renal Center5.01 miles away3310-24 Memphis Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Dialysis Stations: 18 (215) 739-9558