Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Miami, Florida. This is a strong facility with a grade of B+ overall. We were pleased to find out that many of the other facilities in Miami received similar grades. Based on all of the relevant data, you could do much worse than this place. If you look further down this page, you will see this nursing home's category grades, which are also strong.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Miami senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality facility is that it received a very impressive short-term care grade. Short-term care turned out to be its best category. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of A. In forming these short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A-. The nursing score analyzes a handful of factors, most of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
This nursing home also earned favorable government inspections in recent years. In fact, we awarded them one of our better grades in that area, with a B. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B. This facility ended up being relatively strong across the board. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 98.74214 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death ailment for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients who sustained a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used to treat several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.53% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 95.81% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arch Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Miami, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Miami, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- North Shore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.74 miles away1100 Nw 95th St Miami Florida 33150Proprietary(305) 835-6000
- Mount Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away4300 Alton Rd Miami Beach Florida 33140Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 674-2121
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.58 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- Hialeah HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away651 E 25th St Hialeah Florida 33013Proprietary(305) 693-6100
- Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami Florida 33136Government - Hospital District or Authority(305) 585-1111
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 8.95 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away1475 W 49th St Hialeah Florida 33012Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 558-2500
- Palmetto General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away2001 W 68th St Hialeah Florida 33016Proprietary(305) 823-5000
- New Start Dialysis Center LLC0.86 miles away900 Ne 125 Street #210 Miami Florida 33161Dialysis Stations: 11 (786) 863-8805
- Miami North Dialysis0.99 miles away860 Ne 125th St Miami Florida 33161CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (305) 893-7887
- Venture Dialysis Center2.4 miles away1680 Ne 164th St Miami Florida 33162Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 787-7345
- Fmc-Miami Shores, LLC2.46 miles away9999 Ne 2nd Ave Suite 119 Miami Florida 33138CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (786) 621-4888
- Center for Kidney Disease3.08 miles away1190 Nw 95th St Ste 208 Miami Florida 33150CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 691-2144
- Greater Miami Dialysis3.76 miles away160 Nw 176th St #100 Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 653-6033
- Physicians North Beach3.91 miles away17801 Nw 2nd Ave Suite 229 Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 653-7222
- Golden Glades Dialysis4.08 miles away15600 Nw 15th Ave #D Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 621-1328