Arcadia Retirement Residence is in Honolulu, Hawaii. The city has a variety of nursing home options. This proved to be an A+ facility. Receiving an A+ in our grading scheme takes superb scores across the board. Not surprisingly, this proved to be one of the highest rated facilities in the city. Headlining this place's stellar profile is its nursing grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Arcadia Retirement Residence
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a great overall score, this nursing home also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Our nursing rating is based on a number of factors. The most important variable is the number of hours nurses spend with residents. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its top-shelf assessment, this facility also was given a superb long-term care score, with a grade of A. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.61089 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Arcadia Retirement Residence?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our inspection ratings are based on many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In our final area, this nursing home also was awarded an impressive short-term care rating, with an A. This rounded out an elite profile. In crafting these short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arcadia Retirement Residence Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 5.33% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 2.13% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that suffered falls resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 2.68% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 9.16% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 7.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 1.5% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 97.18% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 11.05% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Some experts believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 19.95% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 0.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 19.95 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 6.55 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 78.07% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Honolulu, HI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Honolulu, Hawaii has 18 other nursing homes
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & ChildrenChildrens 0.09 miles away1319 Punahou Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 983-6000
- Straub Clinic and HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.14 miles away888 So King Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813Proprietary(808) 522-4000
- The Queens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.56 miles away1301 Punchbowl St Honolulu Hawaii 96813Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 538-9011
- Kuakini Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.28 miles away347 North Kuakini Street Honolulu Hawaii 96817Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 536-2236
- Tripler Amc (Ft Shafter)Acute Care - Department of Defense 5.94 miles away1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center Hawaii 96859Department of Defense(808) 433-2778
- Adventist Health CastleAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away640 Ulukahiki St Kailua Hawaii 96734Voluntary non-profit - Church(808) 263-5500
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.69 miles away3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu Hawaii 96819Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 432-0000
- Pali Momi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.78 miles away98-1079 Moanalua Road Aiea Hawaii 96701Proprietary(808) 486-6000
- Us Renal Care Beretania Dialysis0.38 miles away1908 South Beretania Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Dialysis Stations: 17 (808) 947-2797
- Liberty Dialysis-Hawaii Ala Moana1.88 miles away500 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite 7302 Honolulu Hawaii 96813Dialysis Stations: 3 (808) 566-6388
- Dsi Kapahulu Dialysis Center2.04 miles away750 Palani Avenue Honolulu Hawaii 96816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 732-7702
- Dsi Honolulu Dialysis Center2.16 miles away226 N. Kuakini St Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 54 (808) 545-3933
- Dsi Aloha Dialysis Center2.46 miles away1520 Liliha Street, Suite 101 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (808) 531-1748
- Siemsen Dialysis Facility2.47 miles away2226 Liliha Street Suite 226 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 74 (808) 585-4660
- Kaimuki Dialysis2.92 miles away3625 Harding Avenue Honolulu Hawaii 96816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 735-2585
- Dsi - Windward Dialysis Center6.84 miles away45-480 Kaneohe Bay Drive #d09 Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 235-0885