Arcadia Retirement Residence is one of six facilities located in Honolulu, Hawaii. This nursing home is an A rated facility. This facility was given one of the highest scores we offer. A score of this caliber requires excellent scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. Headlining this place's exemplary profile is its nursing score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Arcadia Retirement Residence
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Honolulu senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Nursing grades are largely based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
Among its many high-end scores, this nursing home was given a strong long-term care score. In fact, it received a score of A in this area. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Arcadia Retirement Residence?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at is short-term care. Adding to its first-rate profile, this nursing home also excelled in that category. In fact, we awarded it a of A for the area. Our short-term care grades are probably most meaningful for folks in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Finally, we also wanted to draw your attention to this facility's nearly flawless inspections. We awarded them a B+ in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arcadia Retirement Residence Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 5.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 1.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care patients who have experienced a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 10.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 8.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 1.74% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 95.43% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 13.21% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 18.67% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels. Many would argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 1.11 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 18.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arcadia Retirement Residence, 76.75% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Honolulu, HI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Honolulu, Hawaii has 5 other nursing homes
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & ChildrenChildrens 0.09 miles away1319 Punahou Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 983-6000
- Straub Clinic and HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.14 miles away888 So King Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813Proprietary(808) 522-4000
- The Queens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.56 miles away1301 Punchbowl St Honolulu Hawaii 96813Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 538-9011
- Kuakini Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.28 miles away347 North Kuakini Street Honolulu Hawaii 96817Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 536-2236
- Tripler Amc (Ft Shafter)Acute Care - Department of Defense 5.94 miles away1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center Hawaii 96859Department of Defense(808) 433-2778
- Adventist Health CastleAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away640 Ulukahiki St Kailua Hawaii 96734Voluntary non-profit - Church(808) 263-5500
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.69 miles away3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu Hawaii 96819Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 432-0000
- Pali Momi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.78 miles away98-1079 Moanalua Road Aiea Hawaii 96701Proprietary(808) 486-6000
- Us Renal Care Beretania Dialysis0.38 miles away1908 South Beretania Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Dialysis Stations: 17 (808) 947-2797
- Liberty Dialysis-Hawaii Ala Moana1.88 miles away500 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite 7302 Honolulu Hawaii 96813Dialysis Stations: 3 (808) 566-6388
- Dsi Kapahulu Dialysis Center2.04 miles away750 Palani Avenue Honolulu Hawaii 96816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 732-7702
- Dsi Honolulu Dialysis Center2.16 miles away226 N. Kuakini St Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 54 (808) 545-3933
- Dsi Aloha Dialysis Center2.46 miles away1520 Liliha Street, Suite 101 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (808) 531-1748
- Siemsen Dialysis Facility2.47 miles away2226 Liliha Street Suite 226 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 74 (808) 585-4660
- Kaimuki Dialysis2.92 miles away3625 Harding Avenue Honolulu Hawaii 96816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 735-2585
- Dsi - Windward Dialysis Center6.84 miles away45-480 Kaneohe Bay Drive #d09 Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 235-0885