Arbor Glen Care Center is one of five nursing homes in Glendora, California. This nursing home proved to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of C. This place seems to have a few things going for it. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is nursing, which is addressed in the next section.
Arbor Glen Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. In computing our nursing grades, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
This facility actually received a solid government inspection report this year as well, with few major dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a score of B-. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbor Glen Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a respectable score in the area of long-term care, with a B-. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is better than most nursing homes. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this facility was given a grade of B- for short-term care, which we consider to be an acceptable score. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its level of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. Finally, we considered the number of residents that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbor Glen Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who were administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 95.72% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels.
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Glendora, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of D
Looking for more options? Glendora, California has 4 other nursing homes
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.69 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.67 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 11.61 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Glendora1.88 miles away638 S. Glendora Avenue Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 914-5553
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.2.07 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802
- Fmc-Rai-W. Foothill Blvd-Glendora2.41 miles away120 W. Foothill Blvd. Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (626) 335-7551
- Davita-Glendora Foothills Dialysis2.52 miles away750 West Route 66, Suite Q Glendora California 91740Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 335-2063
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Covina3.07 miles away158 W. College Street Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 859-2522
- Citrus Dialysis Center3.07 miles away315 N. Third Avenue, Suite 104 Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (626) 331-0133
- Azusa Dialysis Center, LLC3.95 miles away312 N. Azusa Avenue Azusa California 91702Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 633-1500
- Fmc-Irwindale5.28 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944