Arbor Glen Care Center is the only nursing home we were able to find in Glendora, California. This turns out to be a middle of the pack facility, with an overall grade of C. This place has a few things going for it. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Arbor Glen Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Glendora senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's inspection grade is its best feature. The facility earned a B- in that area. Our inspection ratings are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. Nursing scores are tied to nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbor Glen Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed is short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the last area, we awarded this nursing home a D in the area of long-term care. This was the nursing home's least impressive category rating. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is better than most nursing homes. Surprisingly, this facility also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbor Glen Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 12.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 0.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term residents who suffered falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 0.43% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from UTI's. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 3.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 4.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who are given antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 0% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 100% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 5.29% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 3.58% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 3.58% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 14.42% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbor Glen Care Center, 85.06% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.69 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.67 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 11.61 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Glendora1.88 miles away638 S. Glendora Avenue Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 914-5553
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.2.07 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802
- Fmc-Rai-W. Foothill Blvd-Glendora2.41 miles away120 W. Foothill Blvd. Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (626) 335-7551
- Davita-Glendora Foothills Dialysis2.52 miles away750 West Route 66, Suite Q Glendora California 91740Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 335-2063
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Covina3.07 miles away158 W. College Street Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 859-2522
- Citrus Dialysis Center3.07 miles away315 N. Third Avenue, Suite 104 Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (626) 331-0133
- Azusa Dialysis Center, LLC3.95 miles away312 N. Azusa Avenue Azusa California 91702Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 633-1500
- Fmc-Irwindale5.28 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944