Arbor Acres is located in Winston Salem, North Carolina. This city is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the nation with has a total of 250,944 people. With an overall score of A-, this nursing home is ranked among the higher-graded nursing homes we looked at. We simply can not say enough favorable things about this place. The best part of this facility's strong profile was its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end achievements in other areas, we gave this nursing home a score of A for its long-term care score. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are well cared for. This place knocked it out of the park in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbor Acres?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded an impressive short-term care grade as well. We gave it one of our better scores in that area with a grade of B+. Our short-term care ratings are believed to be most meaningful for individuals in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The last area we rated is nursing, in which this facility was given a C. This ended up being this nursing home's least impressive area. This is nevertheless not a terrible score. We weighed the levels of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses worked with residents, in determining our rating in this category. This place provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbor Acres Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbor Acres, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Winston Salem, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Winston Salem, North Carolina has 8 other nursing homes
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away3333 Silas Creek Parkway Winston Salem North Carolina 27103Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 718-5000
- High Point Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.71 miles away601 N Elm St High Point North Carolina 27261Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 878-6000
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.44 miles away207 Old Lexington Rd Box 789 Thomasville North Carolina 27360Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 472-2000
- Wfu Baptist Medical Center Dialysis Unit2.02 miles away8 N Hemodialysis Medical Center Blvd Winston Salem North Carolina 27157Dialysis Stations: 4 (336) 716-3170
- Piedmont Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University2.19 miles away655 Cotton Street Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 58 (336) 721-1360
- Miller Street Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University3.63 miles away120 Miller St Winston Salem North Carolina 27103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 44 (336) 724-0468
- Salem Kidney Center of Wake Forest University3.85 miles away2705 Boulder Park Court Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (336) 761-8808
- Northside Dialysis Center of Wake Forest Univerisity4.82 miles away500 West Hanes Mill Road Winston Salem North Carolina 27105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (336) 744-0577
- King Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University11.66 miles away140 Moore Road King North Carolina 27021Dialysis Stations: 17 (336) 985-3531
- Fresenius Medical Care - High Point17.24 miles away1320 Eastchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27265Dialysis Stations: 10 (252) 823-7046
- High Point Kidney Center of Wake Forest University17.6 miles away1900 Westchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (336) 889-9200