With an address in Sebastopol, California, Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab is the lone nursing home we were able to find in this city. Featuring an overall score of A-, this nursing home is one of the better facilities we looked at. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. If you scroll down, you can see this place's category grades, which are also strong.
Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
With an overall grade this high, it should come as no surprise that this nursing home excelled in inspections, where it received an A. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A. Very few facilities fared better in this area. With our short-term care rating, we endeavor to forge a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. In calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we look at the number of hours nurses are seeing patients and the levels of training of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a patient even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is long-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our better grades in that area, with a grade of B. Although this isn't as high as several of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless a fine grade. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 97.333336 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a dangerous condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents which had falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some experts would argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.62 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 4.87 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away30 Mark West Springs Road Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 576-4000
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.79 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Healdsburg District HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.77 miles away1375 University Avenue Healdsburg California 95448Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 431-6500
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa3.97 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park6.3 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Bma Santa Rosa6.91 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Davita Santa Rosa Springs Dialysis8.22 miles away18 East Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 36 (707) 544-5043
- Fmc Santa Rosa North8.87 miles away487 Aviation Blvd. Suite 110 Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 568-1755
- Satellite Dialysis Windsor11.25 miles away8911 Lakewood Drive, Ste.16 Windsor California 95492CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 836-1091
- Fmc Petaluma13.11 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis13.65 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293