With an address in Sebastopol, California, Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab is the lone nursing home we were able to find in this city. Featuring an overall score of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective patients. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the nation. If you look below, you will see this nursing home's category scores, which are also strong.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Sebastopol senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A for short-term care. In our short-term care grade, we strive to create a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 7.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Our nursing rating is based on quite a few components, however, the primary one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was long-term care, where we awarded it a strong grade of B. This nursing home truly did not have any weak grades. Facilities that excel in this category tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 98.10426 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a life or death illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 7.52% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 3.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 1.79% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care residents which have experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 12.82% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 4.02% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 3.9% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 98.6% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 7.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 16.69% of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 16.69% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 10.65% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab, 81.23% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.62 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 4.87 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away30 Mark West Springs Road Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 576-4000
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.79 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Healdsburg District HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.77 miles away1375 University Avenue Healdsburg California 95448Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 431-6500
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa3.97 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park6.3 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Bma Santa Rosa6.91 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Davita Santa Rosa Springs Dialysis8.22 miles away18 East Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 36 (707) 544-5043
- Fmc Santa Rosa North8.87 miles away487 Aviation Blvd. Suite 110 Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 568-1755
- Satellite Dialysis Windsor11.25 miles away8911 Lakewood Drive, Ste.16 Windsor California 95492CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 836-1091
- Fmc Petaluma13.11 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis13.65 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293