Aperion Care Oak Lawn is a large facility in Oak Lawn, Illinois. This nursing home received an alarming overall score based on the data we looked at. Based on our ratings, this facility probably isn't a good fit for anyone. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Aperion Care Oak Lawn
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
9401 South Ridgeland Avenue,
Oak Lawn IL 60453
96.94% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a C for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection scores account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. This facility was hit with 9 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This means that this facility dodged the more significant classes of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to point out this facility's rock-bottom long-term care grade where it received a lowly F. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the facility is not as well-staffed. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 44.396553 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Aperion Care Oak Lawn?
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. When calculating our nursing scores, we look at both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This place performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth category, this facility didn't fare very well here either. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in short-term care, this is about as bad as it gets. In calculating our short-term care scores, we size up the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is generally a reliable assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this facility provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the average nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aperion Care Oak Lawn Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aperion Care Oak Lawn, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aperion Care Oak Lawn, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aperion Care Oak Lawn, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aperion Care Oak Lawn, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aperion Care Oak Lawn, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aperion Care Oak Lawn, 31.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aperion Care Oak Lawn, 87.05% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aperion Care Oak Lawn, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aperion Care Oak Lawn, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Aperion Care Oak Lawn, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aperion Care Oak Lawn, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aperion Care Oak Lawn, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aperion Care Oak Lawn, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.45 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.53 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away2701 W 68th Street Chicago Illinois 60629Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 884-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.72 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- St Bernard HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away326 W 64th St Chicago Illinois 60621Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 962-3900
- Davita - Stony Creek Dialysis0.18 miles away6246 W 95th St Oak Lawn Illinois 60453CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 233-9027
- Davita - Chicago Ridge Dialysis1.35 miles away10511 S. Harlem Ave. Chicago Ridge Illinois 60415Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 361-2863
- Motte Dialysis1.75 miles away5020 W. 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 238-3136
- Usrc - Hickory Hills Dialysis1.98 miles away9640 S. Roberts Road Suite B-3a Hickory Hills Illinois 60457Dialysis Stations: 13 (708) 459-9598
- Dcc - Oak Lawn2.07 miles away9115 S Cicero Ave, Suite 300 Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Dialysis Stations: 11 (708) 907-3066
- Davita Ford City Dialysis2.59 miles away8159 S. Cicero Ave Chicago Illinois 60652Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 585-5504
- Usrc - Scottsdale Dialysis2.91 miles away4651 W. 79th Street Chicago Illinois 60652CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (773) 582-8911
- Fmc - Burbank2.99 miles away4811 W 77th St Burbank Illinois 60459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (708) 229-0584