The Estates of Hidden Lake is located in the large metropolitan area of Saint Louis, Missouri which has a total of 927,396 people. This nursing home was given an F, which is really a bottom of the barrel score in our grading scheme. We ranked this as one of the five worst rated nursing homes in Saint Louis. In a city with countless other nursing homes, you ought to be able to find a better option. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Estates of Hidden Lake
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Saint Louis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Neither this facility's overall grade nor its category scores gave us anything to write home about. Its best category was nursing, but even there it received a D. When calculating our nursing scores, we weigh both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is slightly below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these datapoints to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility's second highest score was long-term care. However, with a grade of D in this area, it still performed relatively badly. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means the nursing home didn't perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were a bit worried that this nursing home administered the vaccine to a relatively low 51.80723 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about The Estates of Hidden Lake?
We wanted to point out this facility's inspection rating where it received an F. For facilities that received this poor of an inspection grade, we recommend scrutinizing any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular nursing home had 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they posed a risk to patient safety or health. Finally, we also want to point out that this place received significant government fines in recent years totaling more than $100,000. This often signifies that a nursing home's bad track record has been an issue for multiple years.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final category, this facility did not perform well in this area either. Due to a very poor grade of F in short-term care, this is about as bad as it gets. Our short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we learned that this place provides substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical nursing home. The final metric we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Estates of Hidden Lake Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Estates of Hidden Lake, 8.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Estates of Hidden Lake, 6.02% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Estates of Hidden Lake, 0.67% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Estates of Hidden Lake, 17.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Estates of Hidden Lake, 5.13% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Estates of Hidden Lake, 3.87% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Estates of Hidden Lake, 73.58% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Estates of Hidden Lake, 25.66% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Some experts believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Estates of Hidden Lake, 31.39% of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In The Estates of Hidden Lake, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Estates of Hidden Lake, 31.39% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Estates of Hidden Lake, 6.44% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 44 other nursing homes
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 0.91 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.19 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.19 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 11.35 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 11.4 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.87 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 13.93 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.96 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- North County Dialysis Center0.83 miles away272 Mayfair Drive Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 859-1234
- North County Kidney Care Dialysis0.93 miles away1554 Sierra Vista Plz Saint Louis Missouri 63138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 438-0864
- Fmc - St Louis Northeast2.36 miles away2840 Target Dr Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 355-1322
- Chambers Dialysis2.98 miles away10241 Lewis & Clark Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63136CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 868-5982
- Florissant Dialysis3.14 miles away10887 W Florissant Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63136CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 524-5737
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - North County3.5 miles away6865 Parker Rd. Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 653-6100
- North Saint Louis County Dialysis3.51 miles away13119 New Halls Ferry Road Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 838-3252
- Metro St Louis Dialysis Center, LLC3.53 miles away10160 W Florissant Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 869-4978