Aperion Care Evanston is a senior living facility located in Evanston, Illinois, which has 79,009 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of C. A grade of this caliber requires some decent marks. You can certainly do worse than this facility. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its remarkable inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Aperion Care Evanston
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Evanston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this facility received a decent overall grade is its impeccable health inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our higher scores in that category, with an A. This is a much better score than the facility's overall score, which was decent but not in the elite range. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility an impressive grade in short-term care. This facility received a grade of B in this category, which turns out to be one of our more favorable grades. Our short-term care scores are probably more important for those requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Aperion Care Evanston?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. Our nursing grade looks at the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of skill of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final category, we awarded this facility a grade of D in long-term care. This was the facility's least impressive category score. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category may not provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes provide. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 91.90476 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is somewhat less than we were hoping for but still a respectable percentage. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aperion Care Evanston Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aperion Care Evanston, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aperion Care Evanston, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aperion Care Evanston, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aperion Care Evanston, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aperion Care Evanston, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aperion Care Evanston, 31.81% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aperion Care Evanston, 87.05% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aperion Care Evanston, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aperion Care Evanston, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
In Aperion Care Evanston, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aperion Care Evanston, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aperion Care Evanston, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.22 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 1.66 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 4.79 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 5.24 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Thorek Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away850 W Irving Park Rd Chicago Illinois 60613Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 525-6780
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.42 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center0.67 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Fmc - Rogers Park1.54 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston2.22 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC3.38 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis3.97 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis4.64 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Fmc - Uptown5.45 miles away4700 N. Marine Drive, Suite 204 Chicago Illinois 60640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (773) 989-8082
- Fmc - Na Lakeview Dialysis5.56 miles away4008 North Broadway Ave., Suite 1200 Chicago Illinois 60613Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 248-3105