Aperion Care Chicago Heights is one of just a couple nursing homes in Chicago Heights, Illinois. This nursing home was given an overall rating of F. This place doesn't seem to have much going for it. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was inspections, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Aperion Care Chicago Heights
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Aperion Care Chicago Heights has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Chicago Heights senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's grades were horrible across the board. In particular, we wanted to point out its inspection grade where we gave it an F. This isn't a good sign for its inspection reports. When a facility has this bad of an inspection rating, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. This particular facility had 4 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they caused a risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility received an F for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care grade is often employed to measure a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To have high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must provide higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. With a grade this poor in this category, we weren't surprised to find that this facility was well below average in several staffing areas we looked at. The facility provided substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. This was quite a bit below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Aperion Care Chicago Heights?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. There are a variety of subcategories within this grade. Most of these datapoints are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This particular facility averaged a meager 0.1 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This statistic is quite a bit below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at was long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F for this category, which is an abysmal score. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in long-term care it is a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the nursing home is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. As it turns out, this facility provided the vaccine to only 40.3125 percent of its patients, which is not a very encouraging sign. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aperion Care Chicago Heights Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aperion Care Chicago Heights, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aperion Care Chicago Heights, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aperion Care Chicago Heights, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aperion Care Chicago Heights, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aperion Care Chicago Heights, 31.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aperion Care Chicago Heights, 87.05% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aperion Care Chicago Heights, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aperion Care Chicago Heights, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aperion Care Chicago Heights, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
- Advocate South Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.84 miles away17800 S Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 799-8000
- Franciscan Health DyerAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away24 Joliet St Dyer Indiana 46311Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 865-2141
- Ingalls Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.27 miles away1 Ingalls Drive Harvey Illinois 60426Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 333-2300
- Franciscan Health MunsterAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away701 Superior Ave Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 922-4200
- Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.73 miles away901 Macarthur Blvd Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 836-1600
- Franciscan Health HammondAcute Care Hospitals 10.68 miles away5454 Hohman Ave Hammond Indiana 46320Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 932-2300
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.39 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.03 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Fkc - Chicago Heights1.16 miles away15 E Independence Drive Chicago Heights Illinois 60411Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 754-5898
- Davita - Chicago Heights Dialysis1.49 miles away177 B West Joe Orr Rd Chicago Heights Illinois 60411CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 755-9000
- Fmc - South Suburban1.95 miles away2609 W Lincoln Hwy Olympia Fields Illinois 60461CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (708) 747-0050
- Davita - Olympia Fields Dialysis Center1.99 miles away4557 B West Lincoln Highway Matteson Illinois 60443CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 503-1112
- Home Dialysis Services Olympia Fields LLC2.51 miles away3214 Vollmer Rd Olympia Fields Illinois 60461Dialysis Stations: 1 (708) 898-0564
- Dcc - Olympia Fields2.53 miles away3322 Vollmer Rd. Suite C Olympia Fields Illinois 60461Dialysis Stations: 11 (708) 964-2250
- Davita - Flossmoor Home2.75 miles away19720 S Governors Hwy Flossmoor Illinois 60422Dialysis Stations: 4 (708) 799-7239
- Fmc - Steger Dialysis2.92 miles away219 E. 34th Street Steger Illinois 60475Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 754-3770