Aperion Care Burbank is a small facility located in Burbank, Illinois. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. Based on our ratings, there are certainly far worse nursing homes out there. One of the major highlights of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Aperion Care Burbank
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this facility received a decent overall score is its excellent health inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that area, with an A. This is a much better score than the place's overall grade, which was decent but certainly not elite. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. This place was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. Nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an B-. The nursing grade is based on a number of factors. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most nursing homes. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it scored well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Aperion Care Burbank?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed was long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a solid grade of C. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive category was short-term care, which is the last area we looked at. For this area, we gave this nursing home a grade of D. With our short-term care assessment, we seek to create a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. It looks like this place was subpar in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. This definitely was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 3.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most facilities, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aperion Care Burbank Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aperion Care Burbank, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aperion Care Burbank, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aperion Care Burbank, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aperion Care Burbank, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aperion Care Burbank, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aperion Care Burbank, 30.45% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aperion Care Burbank, 87.4% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aperion Care Burbank, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aperion Care Burbank, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels. Many believe that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Aperion Care Burbank, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aperion Care Burbank, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aperion Care Burbank, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aperion Care Burbank, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.54 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.99 miles away2701 W 68th Street Chicago Illinois 60629Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 884-9000
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.16 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- St Bernard HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away326 W 64th St Chicago Illinois 60621Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 962-3900
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- Fmc - Burbank1.09 miles away4811 W 77th St Burbank Illinois 60459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (708) 229-0584
- Davita Ford City Dialysis1.26 miles away8159 S. Cicero Ave Chicago Illinois 60652Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 585-5504
- Usrc - Scottsdale Dialysis1.32 miles away4651 W. 79th Street Chicago Illinois 60652CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (773) 582-8911
- Dcc - Oak Lawn1.92 miles away9115 S Cicero Ave, Suite 300 Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Dialysis Stations: 11 (708) 907-3066
- Fmc - Midway Dialysis2.09 miles away6201 W. 63rd Street Chicago Illinois 60638CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 229-8268
- Davita - Stony Creek Dialysis2.12 miles away6246 W 95th St Oak Lawn Illinois 60453CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 233-9027
- Motte Dialysis2.17 miles away5020 W. 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 238-3136
- Midwest Kidney Center2.33 miles away8632 S Pulaski Rd Chicago Illinois 60652Dialysis Stations: 1 (773) 284-2572