Aperion Care Burbank is a small facility located in Burbank, Illinois. Featuring an overall score of C, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. Based on our ratings, there are certainly far worse nursing homes out there. One of the major highlights of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Aperion Care Burbank
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this facility received a decent overall score is its excellent health inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that area, with an A. This is a much better score than the place's overall grade, which was decent but certainly not elite. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. This place was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. We assessed the licensure of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses worked with residents, in determining our score in this category. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a relatively low total compared with most facilities. Lastly, while this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in a few of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Aperion Care Burbank?
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this facility just a D for our short-term care rating. This is not a very good score. In determining our short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Considering its score in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this facility is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the data we looked at. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 3.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics was damning for this nursing home's short-term care score.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is long-term care, which was a low point for this facility. We gave this nursing home a D in long-term care. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to find that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aperion Care Burbank Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aperion Care Burbank, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aperion Care Burbank, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents which have experienced a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aperion Care Burbank, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aperion Care Burbank, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that are administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aperion Care Burbank, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aperion Care Burbank, 29.8% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aperion Care Burbank, 87.49% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aperion Care Burbank, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aperion Care Burbank, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Aperion Care Burbank, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aperion Care Burbank, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aperion Care Burbank, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aperion Care Burbank, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.54 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.99 miles away2701 W 68th Street Chicago Illinois 60629Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 884-9000
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.16 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- St Bernard HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away326 W 64th St Chicago Illinois 60621Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 962-3900
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- Fmc - Burbank1.09 miles away4811 W 77th St Burbank Illinois 60459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (708) 229-0584
- Davita Ford City Dialysis1.26 miles away8159 S. Cicero Ave Chicago Illinois 60652Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 585-5504
- Usrc - Scottsdale Dialysis1.32 miles away4651 W. 79th Street Chicago Illinois 60652CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (773) 582-8911
- Dcc - Oak Lawn1.92 miles away9115 S Cicero Ave, Suite 300 Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Dialysis Stations: 11 (708) 907-3066
- Fmc - Midway Dialysis2.09 miles away6201 W. 63rd Street Chicago Illinois 60638CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 229-8268
- Davita - Stony Creek Dialysis2.12 miles away6246 W 95th St Oak Lawn Illinois 60453CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 233-9027
- Motte Dialysis2.17 miles away5020 W. 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 238-3136
- Midwest Kidney Center2.33 miles away8632 S Pulaski Rd Chicago Illinois 60652Dialysis Stations: 1 (773) 284-2572