Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center is a large facility located in Austell, Georgia. This nursing home turns out to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. You could definitely do much worse than this facility. The best part of this facility's impressive report card is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Austell senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this facility also received a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 98.44156 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable category is short-term care. We gave it a grade of C in this area. This is basically a middle of the pack score in this area. Our short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last item we considered in this category is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Turning to the fourth category, this nursing home was awarded a grade of C for nursing, which is an acceptable grade. Nursing grades are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics. While this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in some of these quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this subcategory. This is generally an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving a resident more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 20.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care residents which are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 4.8% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 94.56% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 16.73% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Many believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 17.19% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Many argue that mobility is critical to patients health.
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 17.19 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 11.58 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 68.99% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Wellstar Cobb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.99 miles away3950 Austell Rd Austell Georgia 30106Voluntary non-profit - Other(770) 732-4000
- Wellstar Kennestone HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away677 Church Street Marietta Georgia 30060Government - Hospital District or Authority(770) 793-5000
- Wellstar Paulding HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away2518 Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway Hiram Georgia 30141Voluntary non-profit - Other(470) 644-7000
- Wellstar Douglas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away8954 Hospital Drive Douglasville Georgia 30134Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 949-1500
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.02 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 14.24 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.85 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.99 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Colonial Springs Dialysis0.86 miles away2840 East West Connector Suite 350 Austell Georgia 30106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (770) 222-2236
- Cobb Dialysis1.07 miles away3865 Medical Park Drive Austell Georgia 30106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (770) 941-3898
- Fresenius Kidney Care Mableton2.59 miles away1380 Veterans Memorial Hwy Sw Mableton Georgia 30126Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 485-1773
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc.2.74 miles away3602 Marathon Circle Austell Georgia 30106Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 222-0253
- Fmc Dialysis Services South Cobb2.74 miles away1886 Stallion Parkway Austell Georgia 30106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (770) 944-3237
- Davita Macland Dialysis3.12 miles away4110 Austell Powder Springs Rd ste100 Powder Springs Georgia 30127Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 439-8775
- Sweetwater Dialysis5.23 miles away7117 S Sweetwater Road Lithia Springs Georgia 30122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (678) 945-3600
- Reliant Renal Care Georgia, LLC5.74 miles away1720 Powder Springs Rd Marietta Georgia 30064Dialysis Stations: 17 (678) 402-6048