Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center is a large facility located in Austell, Georgia. This nursing home turns out to be a highly rated facility, with an overall grade of B+. You could definitely do much worse than this facility. The best part of this facility's impressive report card is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well overall, this facility received nearly flawless government inspections. Consequently, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a grade of A+. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a favorable long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 98.10298 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we awarded them one of our higher scores in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B. In the category of short-term care, we strive to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
The last category we assessed is nursing. We gave this facility a solid grade in that category, with a B-. Even though this wasn't as strong as several of its other scores, it is nevertheless not a poor grade. When calculating a facility's nursing score, we consider the quantity of hours nurses are caring for patients and the level of skill of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This figure is significantly below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that suffered from UTI's. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 5.28% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 93.36% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Wellstar Cobb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.99 miles away3950 Austell Rd Austell Georgia 30106Voluntary non-profit - Other(770) 732-4000
- Wellstar Kennestone HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away677 Church Street Marietta Georgia 30060Government - Hospital District or Authority(770) 793-5000
- Wellstar Paulding HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away2518 Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway Hiram Georgia 30141Voluntary non-profit - Other(470) 644-7000
- Wellstar Douglas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away8954 Hospital Drive Douglasville Georgia 30134Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 949-1500
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.02 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 14.24 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.85 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.99 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Colonial Springs Dialysis0.86 miles away2840 East West Connector Suite 350 Austell Georgia 30106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (770) 222-2236
- Cobb Dialysis1.07 miles away3865 Medical Park Drive Austell Georgia 30106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (770) 941-3898
- Fresenius Kidney Care Mableton2.59 miles away1380 Veterans Memorial Hwy Sw Mableton Georgia 30126Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 485-1773
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc.2.74 miles away3602 Marathon Circle Austell Georgia 30106Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 222-0253
- Fmc Dialysis Services South Cobb2.74 miles away1886 Stallion Parkway Austell Georgia 30106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (770) 944-3237
- Davita Macland Dialysis3.12 miles away4110 Austell Powder Springs Rd ste100 Powder Springs Georgia 30127Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 439-8775
- Sweetwater Dialysis5.23 miles away7117 S Sweetwater Road Lithia Springs Georgia 30122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (678) 945-3600
- Reliant Renal Care Georgia, LLC5.74 miles away1720 Powder Springs Rd Marietta Georgia 30064Dialysis Stations: 17 (678) 402-6048