Anaheim Terrace Care Center is an average-sized facility located in Anaheim, California. This is a very respectable facility. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid score. This facility definitely has plenty working in its favor. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card was its nursing grade. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Anaheim Terrace Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Anaheim senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an A. Our nursing rating includes several factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
In addition, this facility earned excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better grades in that area, with an B+. Our inspection scores weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically have few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Anaheim Terrace Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this nursing home also earned a score of B for its long-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. Once we finished looking at the volume of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was short-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in that area. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. We weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we assessed the number of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 3.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Anaheim Terrace Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 3.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who suffered a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 1.15% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients which had UTI's. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 17.38% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 0.36% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many believe this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 98.8% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 4.27% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 6.32% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 6.32% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 3.75% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 84.18% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Anaheim, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Anaheim, California has 5 other nursing homes
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Los Alamitos Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away3751 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720Proprietary(562) 799-3220
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.54 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Coast Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away13100 Studerbaker Road Norwalk California 90650Proprietary(310) 356-0550
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- Fmc-Anaheim Dialysis0.61 miles away3150 W. Lincoln Avenue, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 816-8725
- Davita-La Palma Dialysis1.55 miles away7880 Valley View St. Buena Park California 90620CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (714) 670-6791
- Fmc-North Orange County2.98 miles away511 N. Brookhurst Street, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (714) 778-0488
- Davita-Los Alamitos Dialysis3.33 miles away4141 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 952-0175
- Fmc-Orange County Home3.45 miles away1401 S Brookhurst Ste 108 Fullerton California 92833Dialysis Stations: 4 (714) 773-1407
- Davita-South Cerritos Dialysis3.55 miles away12191 226th Street Hawaiian Gardens California 90716Dialysis Stations: 16 (562) 421-6890
- Los Alamitos Hemodialysis Center3.69 miles away3810 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (562) 598-9527
- Davita-Anaheim West Dialysis3.69 miles away1821 W. Lincoln Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 765-6510