Anaheim Terrace Care Center is an average-sized facility located in Anaheim, California. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road score. This nursing home seems to have a few things working in its favor. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its strong inspection grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Anaheim Terrace Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
141 South Knott Avenue,
Anaheim CA 92804
93.93% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
It should be noted that this nursing home's inspection grade outpaced its overall grade. We awarded it a B+ for its inspections rating, which is a very solid score. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. Nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an B. The nursing grade includes several datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Anaheim Terrace Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities third most favorable category is long-term care. We awarded it a B- in this area. This is basically a middle of the pack grade in this area. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinates 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was short-term care, which is this facility's weakest area. We gave this nursing home a D in this area. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Based on its grade in this category, we were not surprised to find that this place was well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. Finally, we looked at the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Anaheim Terrace Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better nursing care reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents showing depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Anaheim Terrace Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Anaheim, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Anaheim, California has 13 other nursing homes
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Los Alamitos Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away3751 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720Proprietary(562) 799-3220
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.54 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Coast Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away13100 Studerbaker Road Norwalk California 90650Proprietary(310) 356-0550
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- Fmc-Anaheim Dialysis0.61 miles away3150 W. Lincoln Avenue, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 816-8725
- Davita-La Palma Dialysis1.55 miles away7880 Valley View St. Buena Park California 90620CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (714) 670-6791
- Fmc-North Orange County2.98 miles away511 N. Brookhurst Street, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (714) 778-0488
- Davita-Los Alamitos Dialysis3.33 miles away4141 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 952-0175
- Fmc-Orange County Home3.45 miles away1401 S Brookhurst Ste 108 Fullerton California 92833Dialysis Stations: 4 (714) 773-1407
- Davita-South Cerritos Dialysis3.55 miles away12191 226th Street Hawaiian Gardens California 90716Dialysis Stations: 16 (562) 421-6890
- Los Alamitos Hemodialysis Center3.69 miles away3810 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (562) 598-9527
- Davita-Anaheim West Dialysis3.69 miles away1821 W. Lincoln Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 765-6510