Anaheim Healthcare Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Anaheim, California with a total of 354,475 people. With an overall grade of A-, this is undoubtedly a very good nursing home. Anaheim has a host of nursing homes, but it is unlikely you will need to check out too many others. This one looks like a first class option. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category scores, which are also impressive. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Anaheim Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall score, we gave this facility an A- for our short-term care rating. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to grade a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To have highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. Nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility an A-. The nursing rating weighs many datapoints, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of turning patients even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Anaheim Healthcare Center?
We also wanted to point out this facility's nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of B+ in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple relatively minor dings aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a B+. This finished off a very favorable profile. Very few facilities received a B+ or better in each of our categories. Facilities that do well in this category typically provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After we finished assessing the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is too frequently a dangerous condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Anaheim Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents who suffered falls which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that maintained mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' health.
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Anaheim, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Anaheim, California has 13 other nursing homes
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.13 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- Los Alamitos Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away3751 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720Proprietary(562) 799-3220
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.59 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.98 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Fmc-Anaheim Dialysis0.54 miles away3150 W. Lincoln Avenue, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 816-8725
- Fmc-North Orange County2.11 miles away511 N. Brookhurst Street, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (714) 778-0488
- Davita-La Palma Dialysis2.48 miles away7880 Valley View St. Buena Park California 90620CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (714) 670-6791
- Davita-Anaheim West Dialysis2.72 miles away1821 W. Lincoln Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 765-6510
- Fmc-Orange County Home2.88 miles away1401 S Brookhurst Ste 108 Fullerton California 92833Dialysis Stations: 4 (714) 773-1407
- Davita-Anaheim Springs Dialysis3.12 miles away1324 S Euclid Street Anaheim California 92802CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 774-1518
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis3.52 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484
- Davita-Los Alamitos Dialysis4.1 miles away4141 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 952-0175