Anaheim Healthcare Center is a very-large facility in Anaheim, California. With an overall rating of A-, this is without a doubt a high quality nursing home. We can't find many negative things to say about this nursing home. Its scores are just impeccable. Scroll down to find this facility's category ratings, which are also impressive. It's hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Anaheim Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
501 South Beach Blvd.,
Anaheim CA 92804
86.72% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received a strong short-term care grade as well. We gave it one of our better scores in that category with a score of B+. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Anaheim Healthcare Center?
This facility also performed at a high level in the category of inspections. It received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with a grade of B+. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
The final category we rated was nursing, in which this nursing home was given a B. Believe it or not, this ended up being this facility's weakest category. A facility could be doing a lot worse when it's poorest grade still beats out most facilities. The nursing score is based on many data points, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Anaheim Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients who had a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 5.83% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 95.65% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Anaheim Healthcare Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Anaheim, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Anaheim, California has 5 other nursing homes
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.13 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- Los Alamitos Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away3751 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720Proprietary(562) 799-3220
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.59 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.98 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Fmc-Anaheim Dialysis0.54 miles away3150 W. Lincoln Avenue, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 816-8725
- Fmc-North Orange County2.11 miles away511 N. Brookhurst Street, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (714) 778-0488
- Davita-La Palma Dialysis2.48 miles away7880 Valley View St. Buena Park California 90620CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (714) 670-6791
- Davita-Anaheim West Dialysis2.72 miles away1821 W. Lincoln Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 765-6510
- Fmc-Orange County Home2.88 miles away1401 S Brookhurst Ste 108 Fullerton California 92833Dialysis Stations: 4 (714) 773-1407
- Davita-Anaheim Springs Dialysis3.12 miles away1324 S Euclid Street Anaheim California 92802CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 774-1518
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis3.52 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484
- Davita-Los Alamitos Dialysis4.1 miles away4141 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 952-0175