Anaheim Crest Nursing Center is in the large metropolitan area of Anaheim, California which has a population of 354,475 people. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack rating. While there's nothing wrong with a B-, it is worth noting that Anaheim received a city grade of B+ so there are some good options here. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Anaheim Crest Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its relatively modest overall score, we gave this facility an A- for its inspection grade. This grade is far better than its overall grade. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's higher category scores came in the area of short-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a B. In crafting our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Anaheim Crest Nursing Center?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. In determining our nursing scores, we weigh both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics. Although this place got docked a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of these quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it did very well in this statistic. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving patients at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next category is long-term care, in which we awarded this nursing home a grade of B- in that category. In computing our long-term care grades, we look at the personal care offered to the nursing home's patients. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Anaheim Crest Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Anaheim Crest Nursing Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Anaheim Crest Nursing Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Anaheim Crest Nursing Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Anaheim Crest Nursing Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Anaheim Crest Nursing Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Anaheim Crest Nursing Center, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Anaheim Crest Nursing Center, 95.72% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Anaheim Crest Nursing Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Anaheim Crest Nursing Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Anaheim Crest Nursing Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Anaheim Crest Nursing Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Anaheim Crest Nursing Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Anaheim Crest Nursing Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Anaheim, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Anaheim, California has 13 other nursing homes
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.11 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- Los Alamitos Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away3751 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720Proprietary(562) 799-3220
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Huntington Beach HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away17772 Beach Blvd Huntington Beach California 92647Proprietary(714) 843-5000
- Fmc-Anaheim Dialysis0.5 miles away3150 W. Lincoln Avenue, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 816-8725
- Fmc-North Orange County2.34 miles away511 N. Brookhurst Street, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (714) 778-0488
- Davita-La Palma Dialysis2.38 miles away7880 Valley View St. Buena Park California 90620CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (714) 670-6791
- Davita-Anaheim West Dialysis2.93 miles away1821 W. Lincoln Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 765-6510
- Fmc-Orange County Home3.08 miles away1401 S Brookhurst Ste 108 Fullerton California 92833Dialysis Stations: 4 (714) 773-1407
- Davita-Anaheim Springs Dialysis3.29 miles away1324 S Euclid Street Anaheim California 92802CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 774-1518
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis3.75 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484
- Davita-Los Alamitos Dialysis3.87 miles away4141 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 952-0175