Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc is one of six available nursing homes in Alliance, Ohio. Featuring an overall grade of C, this appears to be a decent nursing home. This grade isn't too far off the city grade for Alliance, which is a B-. The best part of this nursing home's report card was its exemplary inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned an excellent inspection score. In fact, its inspection grade was far superior to its overall grade. In the inspections category, we gave it an A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a favorable score in long-term care. This nursing home earned a B in this area, which turns out to be one of our more impressive grades. For patients in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 48.275864 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is a few points less than we expected but still a respectable figure. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second lowest category is short-term care, where it earned a grade of just D in that area. This is a relatively poor score. Our short-term care ratings are believed to be more critical for folks needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Based on its poor grade in this category, we were not stunned to learn that this nursing home offered far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
The last area we looked at is nursing, which was this nursing home's weakest category. Unfortunately, we gave it an F for this category, which is obviously very disappointing. The nursing rating weighs a number of factors. The most important factor is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This place averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients who suffered a fall leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 20.26% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients showing depressive symptoms. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 90.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is important for patients health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 12 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Alliance, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Alliance, Ohio has 5 other nursing homes
- Alliance Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.93 miles away200 East State Street Alliance Ohio 44601Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 596-7018
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.41 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.8 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.49 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Aultman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.69 miles away2600 Sixth Street Sw Canton Ohio 44710Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 363-6352
- Davita - Alliance Community Dialysis2.92 miles away270 E State Street, Suite 110 Alliance Ohio 44601CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 821-1657
- Fmc - Salem South15.58 miles away2345 East Pershing Street Salem Ohio 44460CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 332-2958
- Davita - Mercy Canton Dialysis16.77 miles away1320 Mercy Drive N W Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 580-4001
- Davita Belden Community Dialysis17.62 miles away4685 Fulton Road Nw Canton Ohio 44718CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (330) 649-9300
- Fmc- Stark County Dialysis17.73 miles away2835 Tuscarawas Street West Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 456-3997
- Davita Canton Dialysis17.78 miles away2912 W Tuscarawas St Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 27 (330) 458-0150
- Davita Ravenna Dialysis Total Renal Care17.79 miles away600 Enterprise Parkway Ravenna Ohio 44266Dialysis Stations: 9 (330) 297-5846
- Kamaka Dialysis LLC17.98 miles away1587 Boettler Rd Suite 130 Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 14 (330) 899-0035