Located in Alliance, Ohio, Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc is one of five available nursing homes in this city. This is a decent facility, with an overall grade of B-. This facility seems to have some things going for it. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's report card is its remarkable inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
11750 Klinger Avenue Ne,
Alliance OH 44601
78.14% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection ratings are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. It does not look like we were able to find deficiency data for this facility. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a positive score in long-term care. This nursing home earned a B+ in this area, which is one of our higher scores. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 53.097347 percent of its residents against pneumonia. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third most favorable category ended up being its short-term care score, where it received a C. Short-term care grades are crucial for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from this nursing home and discovered this was this facility's strongest datapoint within this area. This place performed well in this area with 60.2 percent of its residents returning home.
The final category we analyzed was nursing, which proved to be this nursing home's worst category. We gave it an abysmal F in this area, which is obviously very disappointing. Our nursing score assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This place averaged a meager 3.1 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. In addition to receiving below average marks for nursing hours, this facility was a bit less impressive in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at in determining our nursing scores. We looked at the percent of patients sustaining pressure ulcers and found this nursing home was at approximately 1.5 times the national average in this metric.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which suffered from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often linked to poor nursing care. More supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 19.84% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 90.11% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Altercare of Alliance Center for Rehab & Nc, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Alliance, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Alliance, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- Alliance Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.93 miles away200 East State Street Alliance Ohio 44601Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 596-7018
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.41 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.8 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.49 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Aultman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.69 miles away2600 Sixth Street Sw Canton Ohio 44710Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 363-6352
- Davita - Alliance Community Dialysis2.92 miles away270 E State Street, Suite 110 Alliance Ohio 44601CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 821-1657
- Fmc - Salem South15.58 miles away2345 East Pershing Street Salem Ohio 44460CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 332-2958
- Davita - Mercy Canton Dialysis16.77 miles away1320 Mercy Drive N W Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 580-4001
- Davita Belden Community Dialysis17.62 miles away4685 Fulton Road Nw Canton Ohio 44718CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (330) 649-9300
- Fmc- Stark County Dialysis17.73 miles away2835 Tuscarawas Street West Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 456-3997
- Davita Canton Dialysis17.78 miles away2912 W Tuscarawas St Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 27 (330) 458-0150
- Davita Ravenna Dialysis Total Renal Care17.79 miles away600 Enterprise Parkway Ravenna Ohio 44266Dialysis Stations: 9 (330) 297-5846
- Kamaka Dialysis LLC17.98 miles away1587 Boettler Rd Suite 130 Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 14 (330) 899-0035