Allis Care Center is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We gave this facility a rock bottom overall rating based on the data we looked at. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 25 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is nursing, which is addressed in the next section.
Allis Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a terrible overall score, we also gave this nursing home weak scores across the board in the various categories. It received a D for its nursing grade, which turned out to be its best category. There are a number of datapoints included in this category. Many of the criteria are tied to staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility only received a D for its short-term care score, which happens to be one of its better category grades. Short-term care grades are critical for residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Allis Care Center?
Among this facility's alarming category grades was a lowly F for its inspection score. More often than not, this indicates we found red flags on the facility's inspections. When a facility has this poor of an inspection grade, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This particular nursing home had 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they caused a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, we would like to point out that this nursing home received large government fines amounting to over $100,000. This generally indicates that a facility's bad track record spanned more than one year.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth category, this facility didn't fare very well in this area either. With a bottom of the barrel grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as bad as it gets. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is typically a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the nursing home is not as well-staffed. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated 80.51948 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is several points lower than the national average. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allis Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allis Care Center, 6.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allis Care Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who had falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allis Care Center, 3.17% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who experienced UTI's. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allis Care Center, 13.77% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allis Care Center, 15.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allis Care Center, 6.45% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allis Care Center, 92.81% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allis Care Center, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allis Care Center, 21.75% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Many would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Allis Care Center, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allis Care Center, 21.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allis Care Center, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allis Care Center, 75.11% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Milwaukee, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 24 other nursing homes
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.97 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 1.52 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 1.98 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.68 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 8.02 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Davita - Bluemound1.54 miles away601 North 99th Street Suite 100 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 755-6300
- Fmc - Centre Point1.54 miles away11340 W Theodore Trecker Way Milwaukee Wisconsin 53214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (414) 774-1244
- Davita - Wisconsin Ave3.57 miles away3801 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (414) 937-8240
- Davita - South Ridge4 miles away7740 W Layton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (414) 281-1313
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest 27th Street Branch4.4 miles away3120 S 27th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (414) 643-1714
- Davita - Loomis Rd4.65 miles away4120 W Loomis Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 761-4920
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest South4.92 miles away2600 W Howard Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 281-2704
- Childrens Hospital of Wi5.41 miles awayDialysis Unit - Mail Station 604 9000 W Wisconsin Ave, Box 1997 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53201Dialysis Stations: 5 (414) 266-2840