Alliance Health at West Acres is a facility located in Brockton, Massachusetts, a city with 93,766 people. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is one of the best grades that we offer. A score of this caliber requires superb scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the United States. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card was its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Alliance Health at West Acres
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
804 Pleasant Street,
Brockton MA 02301
76.59% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall score, this facility also performed well in our inspections category, which is based on its recent inspection reports. We gave it an A for that area. Inspection ratings are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a first-rate short-term care grade. Indeed, this is its second most impressive category grade. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A-. Short-term care grades are typically used to grade a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, we found that this nursing home provided respectable levels of physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. This place fared as well as just about any nursing home in the nation in this area with 58.4 percent of its patients returning home. Most facilities are below 50 percent in this metric.
Does this page answer your questions about Alliance Health at West Acres?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 3.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed certain nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these statistics as good indicators of the caliber of nursing care being provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we analyzed, this nursing home received an impressive grade grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this score, the facility topped off a very strong profile. Facilities that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 96.95122 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 1.17 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alliance Health at West Acres Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 6.42% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 3.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which have sustained a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 2.4% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 19.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 19% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 1.96% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 91.59% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 19.05% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 19.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 10.96 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 70.74% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Brockton, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Brockton, Massachusetts has 3 other nursing homes
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.92 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.31 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 12.01 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.99 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.33 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC0.62 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center0.85 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC3.61 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis9.35 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis9.7 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Quality Care Dialysis Center10.05 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)10.99 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Us Renal Care Foxborough Dialysis11.6 miles away10 Lincoln Rd Suite 101 Foxboro Massachusetts 02035Dialysis Stations: 9 (774) 215-5696