Alliance Health at West Acres is a large non-profit facility in Brockton, Massachusetts. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is one of our higher scores. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alliance Health at West Acres
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Brockton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Brockton, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Brockton, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Brockton, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a great overall score, this facility also excelled in our inspections category, which is based on its inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it an A for this category. Inspection ratings are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility an B+. Nursing scores are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Alliance Health at West Acres?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the area of short-term care, where it was given a score of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is long-term care. We awarded this facility one of our more favorable grades in that area, with a B. Although this isn't as strong as a few of its other grades, it is nevertheless a perfectly acceptable grade. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 82.71954 percent of its patients. This is a bit less than we were hoping for. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alliance Health at West Acres Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 7.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 3.12% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 1.76% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic may also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 16.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 14.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 3.38% of Patients
This is the percent of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 88.78% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 11.8% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 12.92% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who maintained mobility. Some believe that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 12.92% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 7.31% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alliance Health at West Acres, 77.29% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.92 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.31 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 12.01 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.99 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.33 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC0.62 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center0.85 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC3.61 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis9.35 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis9.7 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Quality Care Dialysis Center10.05 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)10.99 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Us Renal Care Foxborough Dialysis11.6 miles away10 Lincoln Rd Suite 101 Foxboro Massachusetts 02035Dialysis Stations: 9 (774) 215-5696