Alliance Health at Rosewood is one of a mere three available nursing homes located in Peabody, Massachusetts. This is a strong facility with a grade of B+ overall. We were pleased to find out that many of the other nursing homes in Peabody received similar grades. You could certainly do much worse than this facility. As you will see below, this nursing home also performed well in our category ratings. It's hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alliance Health at Rosewood
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Peabody senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home fared well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it an impressive grade of A- for that category. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Among this facility's other strengths is its elite nursing grade. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A-. Our nursing score is mostly based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Alliance Health at Rosewood?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this nursing home, we gave them one of our more favorable grades in our long-term care category as well, with a grade of B+. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 85.71429 percent of its patients. This is somewhat less than we were hoping for. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Moving on to our inspection category, it appears this nursing home has earned quality inspections in recent years as well. We gave it a B in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alliance Health at Rosewood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 9.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 1.49% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 4.01% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 18.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents which are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 8.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 0% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 86.46% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 10.29% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 6.32% of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 6.32% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 7.42% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 76.07% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 4.96 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 7.03 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 13.42 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 13.53 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.54 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers1.47 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- Peabody Dialysis Center2.63 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis4.72 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)5.63 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center6.2 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Fmc Services of Stoneham6.28 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Woburn Dialysis9.52 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Burlington Regional Dialysis10.61 miles away31 Mall Road-Dialysis Suite 1b Burlington Massachusetts 01803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 270-3580