Alliance Health at Rosewood is one of five available facilities located in Peabody, Massachusetts. Sporting an overall grade of A-, we rated this nursing home to be one of the top three facilities in Peabody. Overall grades in this range are a reliable indication of a first-rate facility. You simply can't do any better than this nursing home. As you can find below, this nursing home also performed well in our category ratings. It's hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Alliance Health at Rosewood
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
22 Johnson Street,
Peabody MA 01961
74.14% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an excellent short-term care score, with a grade of A. Our short-term care grades are presumably more critical for those in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires additional skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection scores are tied to several items found on the a nursing home's government inspections. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Alliance Health at Rosewood?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. Our nursing rating is mostly associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we graded, this nursing home was given an impressive grade grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home rounded out an elite profile. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 88.85542 percent of its patients, which is a bit lower than we were hoping for. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alliance Health at Rosewood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents which are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 1.93% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 91.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alliance Health at Rosewood, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Peabody, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Peabody, Massachusetts has 4 other nursing homes
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 4.96 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 7.03 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 13.42 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 13.53 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.54 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers1.47 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- Peabody Dialysis Center2.63 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis4.72 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)5.63 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center6.2 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Fmc Services of Stoneham6.28 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Woburn Dialysis9.52 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Burlington Regional Dialysis10.61 miles away31 Mall Road-Dialysis Suite 1b Burlington Massachusetts 01803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 270-3580