With an address in Lynn, Massachusetts, Alliance Health at Abbott is one of only three facilities in this area. Featuring an overall grade of A+, this nursing home is one of the best facilities we assessed. At the end of the day, this nursing home would be a great choice for just about anybody. If you look below, you can see this facility's category grades, which look to be equally impressive as its overall score.
Alliance Health at Abbott
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our long-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.0991 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. In determining a nursing home's nursing grade, we look at the amount of time nurses spend with patients as well as the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Massachusetts in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Alliance Health at Abbott?
Racking up another strong category grade, this nursing home also excelled in inspections, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
The fourth area we analyzed is short-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of A. This finished off a very favorable profile. Only a select few nursing homes received an A- or higher in every single category. In calculating our short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alliance Health at Abbott Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who developed pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who have had a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of poor nursing care. However, this metric may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 1.95% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 91.63% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Some experts believe that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 7.01 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.78 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.73 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.26 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 11.47 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis2.16 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- Peabody Dialysis Center3.59 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)4.38 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers6.57 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center7.43 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Fmc Services of Stoneham8.86 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center9.89 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)10.06 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282