With an address in Lynn, Massachusetts, Alliance Health at Abbott is one of only three facilities in this area. Featuring an overall grade of A+, this nursing home is one of the best facilities we assessed. At the end of the day, this nursing home would be a great choice for just about anybody. If you look below, you can see this facility's category grades, which look to be equally impressive as its overall score.
Alliance Health at Abbott
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Lynn, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Lynn, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its first-rate overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A for its nursing grade. Our nursing grade focuses on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was strong in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Not many facilities fared better in this category. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.07407 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Alliance Health at Abbott?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed was short-term care. Adding to its elite resume, this facility also performed well in this area. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A in the area. In calculating these short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a score of A. This finished off a straight A report card for this nursing home. Inspection grades are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alliance Health at Abbott Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients which had a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that have sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 1.93% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some argue this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 91.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is important for patients health.
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 7.01 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.78 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.73 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.26 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 11.47 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis2.16 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- Peabody Dialysis Center3.59 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)4.38 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers6.57 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center7.43 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Fmc Services of Stoneham8.86 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center9.89 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)10.06 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282