With an address in Lynn, Massachusetts, Alliance Health at Abbott is one of only two facilities in this area. With an overall grade of A, this nursing home is one of the best facilities we assessed. At the end of the day, this nursing home would be a great choice for just about anybody. Lastly, this facility had an ownership change in the last year, so we will need to make sure it keeps up its high scores under new ownership.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alliance Health at Abbott
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Alliance Health at Abbott has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Lynn senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Lynn, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Lynn, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also would like to emphasize the fact that this facility has received excellent health inspections recently. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its high-end performance in other areas, we gave this nursing home a score of A- for its long-term care grade. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 99.0991 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the senior population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Alliance Health at Abbott?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is short-term care. Contributing to its high-end profile, this nursing home also performed well in that area. In fact, we gave it a of A- in that category. With our short-term care rating, we strive to craft a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
In our last area, this nursing home also received an excellent nursing grade, with a grade of B+. This wrapped up a very impressive report card. Our nursing score looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Massachusetts in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning patients more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alliance Health at Abbott Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 3.75% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 4.5% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 1.01% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 16.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 3.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 0% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some argue this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 99.55% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 9.09% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 17.14% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is important for patients health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 17.14% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 12.36% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alliance Health at Abbott, 75.99% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 7.01 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.78 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.73 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.26 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 11.47 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis2.16 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- Peabody Dialysis Center3.59 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)4.38 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers6.57 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center7.43 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Fmc Services of Stoneham8.86 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center9.89 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)10.06 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282